Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Engagement CASE and Winner

On the first day of my blog I showed you the thank you notes I made for my son and his fiancé to use after their engagement party.  This card I made to give them at the party.  I CASEd this from Martha Stewart (not the one on TV; this Martha is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator who does really lovely work).  It is such an elegant look.  I changed the colors around but it pretty much is the same.

I used the Perfect Details Texturz Plate on the two Very Vanilla pieces of card stock.  I spritzed these pieces with Champagne Shimmer that I mixed with alcohol.  When spraying it on the card stock, it adds just enough shimmer to add a little punch.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the photo.  The card base and mats are Going Gray.  I used Baja Breeze card stock to also mat all the pieces except the sentiment.  The designer series paper is Elegant Soirée.  This paper is so lovely and the colors are classy together.  Three Neutrals Brads finished it off.  They really liked the card.  My son said "it's the best card yet".  He tells me that every time I give him a card!  Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

Supplies Used
Super Stamp Set:  Whimsical Words - retired
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Gray (#109120)
Paper Confections:  Elegant Soirée (#117163); Basic Gray (#121044);
     Very Vanilla (#101650); Baja Breeze (#111352)
Terrific Tools:  Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962)
Finish It Up:  Neutrals Brads (#119736); Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
     (#116806)

This is for all of you who left me comments since Monday.  I wrote all your names down, put them in my NY Mets cap, and my honey drew a name.  Drum roll please.  The winner of my first ever blog candy is

***** Lori Ingelbritson *****

Lori, please e-mail me (see side bar link) your mailing address so I can get the winnings out to you.

Thank you to all who commented.  I do enjoy reading them.  Stop back often.

5 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a such a pretty card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Eileen Lang said...

I love the card. I like the idea of turning the squares into diamonds for your layers. The embossing folder you used is one of my favorites too. Thanks for sharing!

Lori Ingebritson said...

Very nice design! And thank you for having such a lovely blog candy contest!! I (heart) SU!

sarah said...

I found you on SC - very pretty card love the embossing folders!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Another great card. Love the total look of this one. Congrats to Lori for winning the blog candy!