Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Little Bread and Wine

This card didn't turn out the way I had planned it in my head.  So I let the colors lead me.  I was on Shelli Gardner's blog and saw her challenge was to turn to the color coach and choose a combination we might not normally use on a card.  When it all came together, I found I had a masculine birthday card.  They are always a little more difficult to create.
I watercolored the image with an aqua painter and Stampin' Write Markers after stamping it on watercolor paper.  I added some Crystal Effects to the glass to give it a little shine and dimension.  The lower corner of the Bravo Burgundy layer was paper pierced with the paper-piercing tool and dimensionals were used to raise the image up from the card front.  I used More Mustard as the card base and matted all the layers with the same color.  More Mustard brads from the Regals brads collection added something a little extra.  The happy birthday is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, my go-to stamp set when I'm looking for an appropriate sentiment.  So now when I need a masculine birthday card, I have one ready to go.

Supplies Used
Super Stamp Sets:  Studio Sketches (w-#116974, c-#122222); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Bravo Burgundy (#105214); Jet Black StazOn; Stampin' Write Markers in Bravo Burgundy (#105109), Baja Breeze (#120965), More Mustard (#100076), Sahara Sand (#105105), Crumb Cake (#120967)
Paper Confections:  More Mustard (#100946); Baja Breeze (#111352); Bravo Burgundy (#105123); Very Vanilla (#101650); Watercolor (#105019)
Terrific Tools:  Aqua Painter (#103954); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Color Coach (#121620)
Finish It Up:  Regals Brads (#119737); Crystal Effects (#101055)

So take the chance and go out of your color comfort zone.  The Color Coach can help you with so many different combinations.  It's a real must have.  Remember to leave a comment telling me what your favorite thing is to do with your Stampin' Up! products.  You could win the blog candy here. 
Have a hootin' tootin' day!

No comments: