Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My First Sketch Challenge

I wanted to give you a sneak peak today of a couple of items from the new Holiday Mini.  You can start ordering from it on September 1.  I also wanted to tackle a sketch challenge for the first time.  I found one here, the Diva Coffee Break Challenge #191.  This is what I came up with.
For the card base I used Always Artichoke.  The designer paper is from the new Deck The Halls Designer Series Paper in the mini.  The Top Note Bigz Die was used to cut the Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I cut off the sides, inserted new Glimmer Basics Brads, and adhered it to strips of the new dsp.  The image from the new stamp set Bells and Boughs was stamped with StazOn Ink on Watercolor Paper.  Using Cherry Cobbler, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke ink pads, I watercolored the image with a Blender Pen.  After it dried, I used Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with the blender pen to highlight the flower petals and the evergreens.  I also spritzed the Cherry Cobbler with shimmer paint mixed with alcohol.  The image corners were rounded to soften the look and then popped up with dimensionals.  I am happy with the results but even happier that I now have one Christmas card made.  Whoopeee!


I can't wait for you to see the new mini.  There are some really exciting new things in there.  After you get a good look at it, you can shop with me at my website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Order some of those wonderful stamp sets and accessories for an early start on your holiday cards and gifts.  Go out and have an inky finger day.

Supplies Used
Super Stamp Set:  Bells and Boughs (w - #120831, c - #121142) from the new mini available September 1
Irresistible Ink:  Old Olive (#102277); Riding Hood Red (#111836); Cherry Cobbler (#119669); Always Artichoke (#105219); Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806)
Paper Confections:  Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Always Artichoke (#105119); Watercolor Paper (#105019); Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper (#120810) from the new mini available September 1
Terrific Tools:  Top Note Bigz Die (#113463); Aqua Painter (#103954); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867)
Finish It Up:  Glimmer Basic Brads (#121003) from the new min available September 1 

5 comments:

Chanda Stehlik said...

What a pretty card! Very elegant! I love the name of your blog! It made me laugh when I read it...so cute!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

Created By You said...

Brilliant use of the top note die! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge this week! Hugs, Sharon Field aka Created By You

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...good job. You have such good ideas. Can't wait to see the new mini catalog....B

Tammy said...

Beautiful job on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!

Kirsten said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the use of the top note die with the Diva Sketch this week. Thanks for playing!