Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Scoops Reminder

My offering today is a CASE of a bookmark I saw here on Heather Summers' blog.  It might be helpful for those youngsters going back to school to help them mark the spot in their (yikes) homework.  I dreaded school starting more than my sons because the weather was still nice and no one wanted to stay inside to get their class work done.  Guess who was the homework police(woman)!
This bookmark folds over the top or side of the page with a magnet near the bottom to keep it in place.  I used the Two Tags Bigz Die and Regal Rose Textured Card Stock to cut the bookmark being sure to leave the fold above the die.  I stamped the ice cream cone from the Sweet Scoops stamp set and cut it out with my Paper SnipsREMEMBER TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET THIS STAMP SET FROM THE SUMMER MINI.  I stamped the scoops of ice cream from the same stamp set with VersaMark on scraps of Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Whisper WhiteCard Stock, heat embossed them with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, and cut them out with the Paper Snips.  To get the sprinkles, I first colored the stamp with markers, stamped them on the Whisper White scoop, and did the embossing over it.   I adhered the cone and then popped up each scoop with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Two small magnets were added to the inside to hold the bottom shut.  Such a simple project that could be done in a variety of colors and using different stamp sets.

I hope you enjoyed today's treat.  Be sure to get out there for that last visit to the local ice cream stand before summer ends.  Have one for me.

Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Sweet Scoops from Summer Mini (w-#117078; c-#120079)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark Pad (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Regal Rose Textured (#119941); Whisper White (#100730); Chocolate Chip (#102128)
Terrific Tools:  Two Tags Bigz Die (#105954); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Clear Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 

3 comments:

Always Playing with Paper said...

First of all, I LOVE your Owl blog!! It is awesome! Next let me tell you this ice cream book mark is FABULOUS and so creative!
Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Hands On said...

DIdo on the blog layout. Love it! Great bookmark! Thanks for playing with paper players.

Ann Schach said...

Your ice cream book mark is adorable! Love the colors! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!