Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two Challenges -- One Card

Today I tackled two challenges from this past week, but made up only one card.  The Stampin Royalty Challenge #34 was the hardest for me.  You had to use monochromatic neutrals and as you can see I just had to slip in a little color.  The Pals Paper Arts 57 Sketch Challenge was much simpler.
Sahara Sand card stock was used for my base card.  I used the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (from the new mini) on Very Vanilla card stock and added a brad from the Vintage Brads collection.  There is a little sponging with Sahara Sand around the edges.  You can't see it in the picture, but I spritzed on Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol.  It gives the snowflakes a little glitz.  The Square Lattice Embossing Folder was used on another piece of Very Vanilla.  The greeting from the Bells and Boughs stamp set in the new mini was heat embossed using VersaMark and Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I punched that out with the Scallop Oval Extra Large Punch and popped up with dimensionals.  The "little bit" of color comes from the Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon.

I think I prefer using more color but there are times when you do have to change up what you normally do.  Tomorrow's card brings me back to my colorful ways.  Have a blessed Sunday.  We are having beautiful weather here.  I hope it's the same where you are.

Supplies Used
Super Stamp Set:  Bells and Boughs (new Holiday Mini) (w-#120831; c-#121142)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark Pad (#102283); Sahara Sand (#105208)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Sahara Sand (121043)
Terrific Tools:  Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Heat Tool (#100005); Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (Holiday Mini) (#120902); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Scallop Oval Extra Large Punch (#119856); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119871)
Finish It Up:  Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806); Antique Brads (#117273); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119265)

5 comments:

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful card - it really caught my eye at PPA.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Alene

helloholley said...

Wow,I love the rich,elegant,vintage feel of this card!!! Gorgeous!!!

Stampin' Diva said...

Great job with the sketch!! Just perfect for winter. Thanks for playing @ PPA.

Shanda Stirk said...

Very pretty card - those snowflakes are really lovely. thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.