Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Whooo am I & What am I (th)inking?

Hello to all.  Welcome to the first day of my blog.   This will be a little about me and a lot about creating with stamps, ink, and paper.  I am a newbie Stampin' Up!® demonstrator who got REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hooked on the great colors and products of Stampin' Up! three years ago.  Can anyone else out there identify with that?  Luckily I'm married to a great guy (40 years this month) who is patient and understanding about all the time I spend "playing".  I hope I can inspire you to bring out your inner creativity.  Please leave a comment to let me know what you think of this blog and/or my paper creations.  Blogging is a new adventure for me so this is still a work in progress.  Continue to come back and share the journey with me.  If I can answer any questions you might have about the products of Stampin' Up!, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank You Card

The following card was made for my newly engaged son and future daughter to send out after their recent engagement party.  It's a clean and simple card that they both liked.


The flourish from Elements of Style stamp set was heat embossed using the VersaMark® ink pad and clear Stampin' Emboss® powder.  The rest of the card is finished off using the products listed below.

Thanks for stopping by and please visit again.  I will be giving away some blog candy in the near future to celebrate the launch of my blog.

SUPPLIES USED
Super Stamp Sets:  Elements of Style (wood mount - #118611, clear mount - #120045); Watercolor Trio (wood mount - #117050, clear mount - #120084 - available only until 8/31/10)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650)
Irresistible Inks:  Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad®  (#115657); VersaMark® Pad (#102283)
Terrific Tools:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Scallop Oval Extra Large punch (#119856); 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Large punch (#119855) 
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (retired); Stampin' Dimensionals® (#104430); SNAIL Adhesive® (#104332, SNAIL refill - #104331)
 






6 comments:

Lisa Flynn said...

Welcome to SU and to Blog Land. I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations.

Lisa
www.TheStampCampCounselor.com

njgramma said...

Hi Patti. Isaw your post on the Stampin connection. I really like the layout and colors of your blog and just LOVE your CAS card! Hope to see lots more!
Mindy D

Rose said...

Your card is very prety. I also love your blog header.

Anonymous said...

Patti,
All these years I knew how creative you were, but am still impressed!
It looks like you may have found some great products to express this creativity.
The engagement party thank you was so elegant. Congrats to Mark.

Linda K.

sarah said...

I found you on SC! What a beautiful card! I love the simplicity of it. It looks elegant.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean LIKED it? we LOOOOOVVEED the thank you card! sorry we forgot to send you one but we've gotten so many compliments on them. You should post a pic of the envelopes and box you made as well. The site looks incredible and we both cracked up at Hooty. thanks again and we love you Mom

your son and future daughter