Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday For A Friend

I made this card for a friend I've known since kindergarten.  To give you an idea of how long ago that was, we are both retired "young" ladies.  The Paper Players Challenge #16 was my inspiration this time.
Very Vanilla is the card base.  I cut out the butterflies with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die from scraps of the Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper, Basic Gray and Pretty in Pink card stock.  I mixed and matched the three papers to make two butterflies using three different sizes cut from the die.  I layered them together using Mini Glue Dots.  The Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die was used to get the three scalloped mats cut from Very Vanilla card stock.  On one of the scalloped rectangles, I heat embossed the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes using VersaMark, Concord Crush, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, and the Heat Tool.  On the other two mats, I attached the two butterflies again using Mini GlueDots.  Before adding the mats to the card front, I tied a bow using Pretty inPink Satin Ribbon and attached it to the designer series paper layer which I then adhered to the card front.  There were a few leftover butterflies and I added two to the sentiment mat.  Stampin' Dimensionals were used on the mats to bring them to the forefront.  For a little bling, I added BasicRhinestones to each butterfly and the "i" in birthday.

This special friend is how I got introduced to Stampin' Up!.  I went to a workshop at her house over three years ago and have been addicted ever since.  I guess, in the long run, she's to blame for my empty wallet!  Just kidding Mar.  I hope her day was special.  Make yours special too; get a little ink on those fingers and share your creation with one of your friends.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Sincere Salutations (#115068)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark Ink Pad (#102283); Concord Crush (#119785)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Pretty in Pink (#100459); Basic Gray (#121044); Lap of Luxury DSP (#120436)
Terrific Tools:  Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die (#118872); Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (#118138); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117289); Basic Rhinestones (#119246); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely love these butterflies! Beautiful! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Hi Patti!
I love the rectangle die you used!!! I haven't seen it before and I love that the butterflies fit in it!!! Great job with the sketch!
Smiles,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

Just lovin' this all to pieces...how fun you & your kindergarten friend still are friends! She'll love it!

CRYSTAL said...

Wow, how very special to have a friend that long!! I'm sure she loved card - it's so sweet looking! :) tfs

AnnMarie said...

Such a pretty card! Love those butterflies! Look forward to following your blog from VA! :)

jaydee said...

Patti. I love this card. It's so rich and feminine without being frilly! It has so many great elements, that I found myself staring at it for quite a while. I think your friend must have loved it - and really felt the love that you so obviously built into this card! Isn't it fantastic when you can have a friend for so long!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week. Look forward to you joining us again.
Jaydee