Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Bling, Bling, Bling

When I saw the challenge this week at Stampin' Royalty Challenge #35, I couldn't resist.  The words rhinestones and pearls just called out "use me, use me".
Card base is Soft Suede.  I used the Scallop Trim Border Punch on one edge of the Elegant Soirée designer series paper and layered it on top of the card base.  The Elegant Lines Embossing Folder was used on Baja Breeze card stock.  With my Paper Snips, I trimmed off the part of the card stock without the embossing and adhered that to the dsp.  On a piece of Very Vanilla card stock I stamped the sentiment from the Wedding Sweet stamp set and punched it out with the Modern Label Extra Large Punch.  From a scrap piece of Soft Suede, I punched out another Modern Label, cut off the sides and layered them under the sentiment.  Popped that up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I then added the Basic Rhinestones - bling, bling, bling!  Don't you just love how a couple of the embossing folders are just perfect for adding rhinestones and pearls?  I hope Stampin' Up! keeps them forever.

I hope you are all enjoying the extended weekend.  We're having what I consider ideal weather - 70 degree days and cool nights.  May your days be ideal too. 

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Wedding Sweet (#115466)
Irresistible Ink:  Soft Suede (#115657)
Paper Confections:  Soft Suede (#115318); Baja Breeze (#111352); Very Vanilla (#101650); Elegant Soirée Designer Series Paper (#117163)
Terrific Tools:  Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (#119277); Modern Label Extra Large Punch (#119849); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Basic Rhinestones (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


8 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Very beautiful card. Thanks for blessing my Labor Day with your labor. :)

Eileen Lang said...

I love that look. Would of never thought to cut around the embossing.

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow - I love this card - great job.

Hands On said...

Wow! Love how you made good use of the embossing folder. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

CRYSTAL said...

What a clever idea to cut out the embossed part - love the bling here and there, too! :) tfs

Rose said...

Great idea, I would have never thought to cut out the embossed image.

Chanda Stehlik said...

This is so pretty! I love how you cut it out. I never would have thought of that! Great job!

chanda stehlik
www.onecraftymommy.com

Tammy Clarke said...

Beautiful, it makes me think of water.