Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Congratulations Graduate

I attended a college graduation picnic Saturday for my cousin's son.  I used the clean & simple FTL 107 sketch when making this card.
The school colors are red and black so I went with the Real Red for the card base.  I used another piece of Real Red, stamped the cap from the retired stamp set Tassel Time with Jet Black Stazon Ink and embossed it with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  To the top and bottom of this embossed piece, I attached Basic Black one inch circles punched with the 1" Circle Medium Circle Punch and then adhered it to the card front.  I punched out the owl "graduate" with the Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch using Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White and Bashful Blue.  The "R" from the retired All-Around Alphabet Upper stamp set was stamped on the front of his shirt with VersaMark and heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool.  After assembling the owl, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop him up on a piece of Whisper White on which I had stamped happy graduation from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  With Jet Black StazOn I again stamped the cap onto Real Red, cut it out with Paper Snips, added a Whisper White brad from the Neutrals Brads, and attached it with dimensionals to complete my graduate.  This was attached to the red embossed strip.  I really was pleased with the end result and I hope the graduate enjoys the card.  Have an enjoyable and restful Sunday.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370); Tassel Time (retired); All-Around Alphabet Upper (retired)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Basic Black Ink Pad (#101179)
Paper Confections:  Real Red (#102482); Basic Black (#121045); Whisper White (#100730); Bashful Blue (#105120)
Terrific Tools:  1" Circle Medium Punch (#119868); 3/4" Circle Medium Punch (#119873); Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch (#118074); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Neutrals Brads (#119736)
 

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love how you stamped, then embossed! Very rich colors! Love it!

Shari Winterstein said...

Oh my stars - this card is so cute! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Cindy said...

Really cute! I like the owl punch and what you did with it. Colors are great too.

Lori Ingebritson said...

What a special personalized graduation card! Very nice!

CRYSTAL said...

Ha ha ha..I don't know why this card makes me laugh, but it does - it's so cute! Great idea to give him a grad cap! :) tfs

Tammy Clarke said...

This is absolutely adorable!