Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Embossed Colors Challenges

I love the challenge colors in the Paper Players Challenge #15 and the new challenge Embossing Sundays #1.  Even though my card doesn't evoke the fall season with leaves and such, the colors are still great to work with.
I started with Cajun Craze as my base card.  With the Perfect Details Texturz Plate I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla.  Before I adhered it to the card, I added my bow.  I used the bow maker from Lee Conrey.  Check out her website; she does such lovely work.  After attaching the bow to the Very Vanilla, I added it to my card base.  Using scrap pieces of Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso, I embossed them with the small dots from the Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, cut them down to 1-1/2" squares with the Paper Cutter and rounded the corners with the 3/16" Corner Small Punch.  I stamped the images from the hostess set Cute by the Inch on scrap pieces of Very Vanilla and added Old Olive, Cajun Craze, and More Mustard brads from the Brights and Regals brads.  I stamped the thank U image using VersaMark and Cajun Craze and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I wanted to keep the images small, so instead of punching them out (wish we had a 1" punch), I cut them with my Paper Snips.  I added them to the embossed squares of card stock and attached them to the Very Vanilla.  I enjoyed this color combo and will probably use it again.  Thanks for stopping by.  If you are interested in enjoying the great colors and products Stampin' Up! has to offer, go to the side bar and check out my website where you can shop 24/7.  I guarantee, you will have so much fun creating.


Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Cute by the Inch (hostess #120130)
Irresistible Ink:  Old Olive (#102277); More Mustard (#103162); Cajun Craze (#119671); Early Espresso (#119670); VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Old Olive (#100702); More Mustard (#100946); Cajun Craze (#119684); Early Espresso (#101650); Very Vanilla (#101650)
Terrific Tools:  Paper Snips (#103579); Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); Backgrounds 1 (#114512); Heat Tool (#100005); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119871); Paper Cutter (#104152)
Finish It Up:  Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117292); Regal Brads (#119737); Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130
 

9 comments:

Chanda Stehlik said...

Oh, gosh! I almost wish I hadn't have looked! I have this set,but haven't mounted it yet. I have a hostess who wants it, so I was just going to give her my set and get something else, but now I may have to keep it!!! Arrgh! Such a cute card! I love it!!! TYFS!

chanda stehlik
www.onecraftymommy.com

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the texture, and the challenge colors are used perfectly! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week! (And thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog!)

CRYSTAL said...

This is very cool - love the rounded corners on the squares! :)

Crystal L.
crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com

Lori Ingebritson said...

You are doing a great job with that stamp set. LUV it!

LeAnne said...

Patti, this is just wonderful! I love the layout and all your little details, and the great way you used this set--a bit out of the box! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie said...

This is my first visit to your blog...I just love your creations! I love this card you created for The Paper Players Challenge...it is perfect for fall! Have a great weekend! :)

Always Playing with Paper said...

Again...I adore your cute blog!! I love the card you created with the level 2 stamp set...the colours work well and the EB looks great! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Patti
I love the way you created a card that wasn't fall. It shows the versatility of the colors that Ann chose. I love the clean and simple lines on this card. I also LOVE the textures that you used. I always think that texture adds so much to a CAS card. You used all the elements beautifully
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

Nance said...

I agree with Jaydee--your use of the colors is fabulous and so different. I love the embossed squares and how some of the squares are turned. And that bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!