Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Happily Ever After

My hairdresser ask if I would make a card for a wedding she was attending, I said sure.  Then I asked what color(s) she would like it to be.  Her response was WHITE.  I thought that would be a real challenge because I like using all of the colors Stampin' Up! has.  But I did manage to create a card that she really liked.
Before I started, I decided to make a larger card more in keeping with the commercial type.  The card measures 4-5/8" x 6-1/4".  The base is Whisper White.  I embossed a piece of Shimmery White with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate and rounded the corners with the 3/16" Corner Small Punch.  You should be able to see the shimmer better by clicking on the photo.  To get the ribbon the way I wanted, I used Mini Glue Dots to hold the folds in place and then attached the embossed piece to the front of the card.  On another piece of Shimmery White, I stamped the Elizabeth stamp using VersaMark and heat embossed it with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.  To get the right placement of the sentiment, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the congratulations from Wedding Sweet with VersaMark and also heat embossed that with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.  After rounding the corners, I attached it to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.  To give it a classy touch, I added Basic Pearls to the card front including the first "o" in Congratulations.  Those pearls sure dress up a card.  I hope the bride and groom enjoyed it and are on their way to their happily ever after.

If I may toot my horn a little, I was a Cut Above winner for The Paper Players color challenge last week.  I enjoy doing challenges usually because they help get the creative juices flowing.  Check out their challenge each week and play along.

Thanks for stopping by and visit again soon.  If you are in need of Stampin' Up! supplies, visit my on-line store here.  If you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or creating your own cards and projects, click on the e-mail Hooty on the side bar.  Have a great Monday. 

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Elizabeth (#117120); Wedding Sweet (#115466)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Whisper White (#100730); Shimmery White (#101910)
Terrific Tools:  Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); Heat Tool (#100005); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119871); Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
Finish It Up:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon (#114319); Basic Pearls (#119247)

7 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Love the card. You did a great job!

Lori Ingebritson said...

Patti, I think that is the prettiest card using the elizabeth stamp that I have seen. Really, really pretty. I'm sure they loved it!

Martha said...

I just had to come over and see your take on the Elizabeth stamp. It is beautiful!! I love the gems on the swirls and the Organza ribbion. Just beautiful! - Martha @ seasonsofstamping

CRYSTAL said...

Oooooooooh, this is so pretty and elegant! Love the bling here & there!

Amy Rogers said...

Beautiful!!! I also love your post signature - how did you do that? BTW - nice job on your blog header!!! I'm following you...
Amy
http://amysstampincreations.blogspot.com/

angieh29 said...

So elegant! I love this card, great job!

Patty said...

simply beautiful!!!

I'm your newest follower through the thread onStampin' Connection. I invite you to stop by and follow me as well at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

have a super day!!