Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me

Today I covered two challenges with one card:  Diva Coffee Break Designs Sketch Challenge #193 and colorQ challenge #49.  Both were challenges I enjoyed working with.
I started with Night of Navy as my card base.  The small dots of the Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates were embossed on Marina Mist and adhered to the card front.  I used the Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die with Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper and Marina Mist to cut out the three flower parts.  The Two-Step Bird Extra Large Punch yielded my Pacific Point bird with his Soft Suede wing and resting branch.  With a Sponge Dauber, I sponged around the bird's body with Pacific Point ink and around his wing with Soft Suede ink.  Happy birthday was stamped with a stamp from the now retired Vintage Labels stamp set onto Marina Mist.  I added an Antique Brad to the corner and also through the daisy layers.  After attaching the Whisper White mat to the card front, I adhered the bird and daisy layer.  I was all thumbs trying to make it all line up and not have the daisy layers shift.  A little adhesive on the back helped hold them in place.  But I did get my thumbs untangled and finished it up.  Thanks for stopping by and come again soon.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Stamp Set:  Vintage Labels - retired Sale-A-Bration
Irresistible Ink:  Pacific Point (#111837); Soft Suede (#115657); Night of Navy (#102977)
Paper Confections:  Night of Navy (#100867); Marina Mist (#119682); Soft Suede (#115318); Whisper White (#100730); Pacific Point (#111350); Blueberry Crisp DSP (#117392)
Terrific Tools:  Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die (#114520); Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (#114512); Two-Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Antique Brads (#117273)

7 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Great card! I like the colors. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

jimlynn said...

SO very pretty! Love how you used that brad too. Lovely card.
Lynn

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Patti! thanks for playing the CQC!

LeAnne said...

Very cool use of these diecuts and the CQC colors---fun card!

Kristin Moore said...

Great job on the sketch Patti! I love the layered daisies for the circle part. Lovely!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

what a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week!

Kristin Moore said...

Congratulations! Did you know you were the Featured Stamper with this card at the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog??
http://divacoffeebreakdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/09/featured-artist-for-challenge-193.html