Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Medallion - Clean and Simple

The challenge at The Paper Players Challenge #14 was clean and simple.  Probably the toughest part is choosing what colors to use.
I chose Concord Crush for the base of the card and layered it with Basic Gray which was embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (just love that for the texture it adds).  The Medallion stamp was inked with Perfect Plum and the edge rolled in Crushed Curry.  With the Paper Snips, I cut around the Medallion because I wanted the Basic Gray embossed layer to be visible.  I added white dots with the White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen and an Antique Brad to the center.  The 3/16" Corner Small Punch was used on the gray and medallion to round the upper left corner.  I added Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon and tied it in a bow.  All done.  Left off the sentiment because I can add it later when I need to send the card.  The only thing I wish I could solve is how to keep ribbon ends from fraying.  If anyone has any suggestions, please leave a comment with your "hint".  Thanks for visiting.  I've been exploring new blogs that I find on Stampin' Connection and the various challenge websites.  There are some very talented and creative people out there.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Medallion (#115223)
Irresistible Ink:  Perfect Plum (#101437); Concord Crush (#119785)
Paper Confections:  Perfect Plum (#101889); Basic Gray (#121044); Concord Crush (#119792)
Terrific Tools:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Paper Snips (#103579); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119871); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021)
Finish It Up:  Antique Brads (#117273); Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119266)
 

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful clean and simple card! I love the soft color and the texture! Thanks for joining The Paper Players!

Julie Gearinger said...

Excellent job on the clean and simple challenge! Love the color choices and antique brad- TFS!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Wonderful work Patti! I just love the colours and the use of the medallion stamp! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

jaydee said...

Patti
I love what you did with the medallion stamp and the brad in the middle. Its a wonderful clean and simple card with lots of texture and interest. That's often very hard to pull off, but you did it masterfully.
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee