Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monkeying Around

It's a rainy Monday here so I have a very good excuse to sit and create.  The Pals Paper Arts 61 sketch challenge and Paper Players Inspiration Challenge #17 were used as my starting points.


I chose Basic Black card stock for the base of the card.  I embossed the Blushing Bride layer with the large dots of the Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates.  I layered Whisper White on a mat of Basic Black and attached it to the embossed layer.  I layered Basic Black Satin Ribbon with Blushing Bride Stitched-Poly Ribbon, turning under the Blushing Bride ribbon on the right side to soften up that edge.  I attached this whole layer to the card front.  Using the 1/2" Circle Punch and the 3/4" Circle Punch, I punched out one Whisper White and one Basic Black circle, inserted a Blushing Bride Glimmer Brad and used a Stampin' Dimensional to attach it to the ribbon.  Hello baby from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped with Basic Black ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, punched out with the Word Window Punch, sponged around the edge with a Sponge Dauber  and Blushing Bride ink and adhered it just above the ribbon.  Using VersaMark and Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, I heat embossed two monkeys from the Fox and Friends stamp set on Blushing Bride card stock and cut them out with Paper Snips.  The branches were punched out of Pear Pizzazz paper using the Two-Step Bird Punch.  I attached the branches and hung one monkey by his tail and sat one on the branch popping both up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Their little bellies looked like the polka dots in the challenge picture.  I hope you like these little fellows.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Fox & Friends (w-#117020/c-#118565); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Black (#101179); VersaMark (#102283); Blushing Bride (#119786)
Paper Confections:  Basic Black (#121045); Blushing Bride (#119796); Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Whisper White (#100730)
Terrific Tools:  Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (#114512); Two-Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191); Word Window Large Punch (#119857); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119871); 1/2" Circle Small Punch (#119873); 3/4" Circle Medium Punch (#119873); Heat Tool (#100005); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It up:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Blushing Bride 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119267); Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117285); Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005)
blog signature

20 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is just too cute! Love the monkeys swinging on the vine! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

LBCrafts said...

This is really cute! I love the design and the monkeys! Well done.

Laurie
createalittle.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card, Patti! Great job with both challenges! I love the soft Blushing Bride ribbon. And of course, those monkeys are adorable! Thanks for playing @ PPA and for joining The Paper Players this week!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti this is so stinkin cute! Love, love, love it. TFS!

Charlene said...

Love this card it's so pretty!

Lesley said...

Love it Patti! The clean lines and the embossed dots are perfect for our inspiration challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players again...I always look forward to seeing your work.
Lesley

Shari Winterstein said...

This is the first little monkey card that I can say I LOVE IT! This is so cute and what a wonderful baby card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Martha said...

I had to come over and see what you were up to! I love how you hung those cute monkeys on the branch. The colors are perfect and love the embossing. You did an amazing job on the challenges!

jaydee said...

Patti, this is super cute. I love the use of Blushing Bride. It works perfectly with the Black. Love those little monkeys! Absolutely adorable.
Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

Stampin' Diva said...

This is cutest baby card!!! Those monkeys are perfect and work well with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us @ PPA!!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Patti,
Love your monkey card, how you have "movement" with them hanging. So cute, and I'm a sucker for polka dots. I really like the BG large dots, but I can never make the texture plate emboss right???
PS: Thanks for the nice comment on blog... and I think your little Hooty is cute too. Following from SC.

LeAnne said...

Patti, every week I look forward to what you create! This is so cute & funny! Thanks for playing and making my colors SMILE!

Rose said...

Too cute!

Krystal said...

VERY cute card! I love the monkeys with pink! TFS!

Dawn said...

I love your monkeys! This card is VERY cute!
Now following you from SC. You can find me at http://dawningdesigns.blogspot.com/

maryr917 said...

this is such a cute card-congrats on being chosen as the pals paper artist pick this week

CRYSTAL said...

Awww...this is so cute! I may just have to CASE you! :) tfs

Nance said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the swinging monkeys and how cute they look with the pink. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Katherine said...

Love the little monkeys!!!! I actually got this set awhile ago & need to use it- you've inspired me! Thx! thx also for stopping by my blog, too, now following you also!

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job Patti! Congratulations on being chosen as one of the challenge winners:-) Love all of your creations- thanks for sharing your talent.