Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reverse Spotlight for Curtain Call ACT 46

I used the Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 46  for this card.  The challenge colors are Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Peach Parfait, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White.
I started blog surfing about three years ago and whenever I found an interesting technique to try, I saved it to try later.  This reverse highlighting technique done by Beate Johns was found here.  I changed the card size and colors but I'm happy with how it turned out.  Poppy Parade was used as the base.  With VersaMark and Pink Pirouette ink, I stamped Pink Pirouette card stock with the big flower from Eastern Blooms and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I used one of the little flowers and just stamped with Pink Pirouette to fill in some of the empty space.  The 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch was used to punch out a section of each of the embossed flowers.  I then used the same big flower stamp and stamped it three times on Poppy Parade using Whisper White Craft Ink and heat embossed that with White Stampin' Emboss Powder.  They were then cut out with Paper Snips.  I lined them up under the three punched out circles and adhered them to the back of the Pink PirouetteSunny Garden Designer Series Paper was cut the same size as the Pink Pirouette and adhered to the back.  One Peach Parfait Glimmer In Color Brad was added to each of the three embossed flowers.  Each of the corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Small Punch.  I added Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon to two corners and Whisper White Neutrals Brads to one section of the ribbon.  This front was adhered to Wild Wasabi which I then adhered to the Poppy Parade card base.  Whew, I sure hope I didn't forget something.

I hope you enjoy my card today.  There are so many techniques out there to try.  I know there is another spotlighting one but I need to find a good tutorial for it.  If anyone knows of a blog that explains it, please leave a comment with the web site.  Thanks.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Eastern Blooms (#111626)
Irresistible Ink:  Pink Pirouette (#111838); Whisper White Craft Ink (#101731); VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Poppy Parade (#119793); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Pink Pirouette (#111351); Sunny Garden DSP (#119831)
Terrific Tools:  1-1/4" Circle Large Punch (#119861); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005); Ticket Corner Small Punch (#119867)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder f(#109130); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Neutrals Brads (#119736); Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005); Poppy Parade 1/2" Stiched-Poly Ribbon (#119263)

9 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

How cool is this! Never thought about that before. Thanks for the inspiration and for blessing my day. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a retty card! Love the circle elements. Great use of you colors. Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call! :o)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great card and idea! I followed over from Stampin' Connection :)

Ann Schach said...

Love this technique! Great color combo, too!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great technique and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing

CRYSTAL said...

Oh wow! I had to look at it awhile to figure it out,lol! What a great technique - thanks for sharing! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

Cute! Thanks fr playing the curtain call!

Christina said...

What a wonderful use of this technique, and the colors! I love the way those flowers look so glossy. Thanks for playing this week at the Curtain Call!

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty Pattie!!! Awesome design and use of the colors!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~