Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Spicy Autumn

The Project Tuesday Challenge this week was a tri-fold card.  This is another one I have wanted to make but never seem to tackle.  I followed the directions here that the challenge site suggested.  It looks complicated but turned out to be simple and fun to do.
Using the directions from the link above, my outside card was made using Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Series Paper.  This paper is yummy, textured, and just so much fun to work with.  The curved front (which is explained in the tutorial link above) was enhanced with Victoria Crochet Trim.  I used Sticky Strip along the curved edge and added the trim by ruffling as I went along.  I was so happy with the end result.  The belly band was made with a strip of Early Espresso to which I added a strip of the same dsp but the other side of the design I used for the card base.  I stamped the maple leaf from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set with Black StazOn Ink on WatercolorPaper and colored it using a Blender Pen and Cajun Craze, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Early Espresso ink pads.  I cut it out using Paper Snips and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals on a More Mustard mat cut out with the Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die.  I slid the belly band onto the card and attached the leaf and mat to the front of it.  Again following the directions in the tutorial, I used Early Espresso for the main piece of the insert.  I attached More Mustard and Autumn Spice DSP being sure there was enough space to either add a sentiment or your own greeting or both.  Victoria Crochet Trim was added to a scrap strip of the DSP and both added to the seam where the two papers came together.  To make it easy to pull the insert out, I punched a piece of DSP with the 3/4"x15/16" Oval Medium Punch, adhered it to the top curve, and added an Antique Brad.  The design on the brad looks like a leaf so I figured that would tie in to the card.  I punched a piece of Early Espresso with the Oval Punch and added it to the back to cover up the prongs of the brad.  I really enjoyed making this card.  Fall is in the air here in the Northeast and I hope this card reflects this great time of the year.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Lovely as a Tree (#115026); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Cajun Craze (#119671); Old Olive (#102277); More Mustard (#103162); Early Espresso (#119670); Jet Black StazOn Ink (#101406)
Paper Confections:  Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Series Paper (#120808); More Mustard (#100946); Early Espresso (#119686)
Terrific Tools:  Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die (#118872); 3/4x15/16" Oval Medium Punch (#120908); Blender Pens (#102845); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (#118481); Antique Brads (#117273); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Sticky Strip (#104294)

If you'd like to make this card and need the supplies, visit my Stampin' Up! website.  Just click the shopping Hooty on my side bar and he will take you there.  After you get there, you can browse the on-line catalog.  When you're ready to order, just click the Shop Now button on the top right.    There is no better time to start making cards and projects.  With all the holidays coming up in the next few months, you can wow your family and friends with your creativity.  If you have any questions about this card or anything regarding Stampin' Up!, please e-mail me from the side bar also.  Thanks for your visit and please come again.
 

16 comments:

Lori Ingebritson said...

Really cute!

Chanda Stehlik said...

This is so pretty! Why, oh, why didn't I buy this paper!?! LOL!

I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection!

Chanda Stehlik
www.OneCraftyMommy.com

Stop on by sometime!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card.
I'm following you from Stampin'Connection. I hope you have time to hop over and follow me too. I'm #188 on the list as www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.

thanks so much,

Debbie

CRYSTAL said...

This is really pretty - it reminds me of a dress or dressy shirt with lace at the collar! :) - I love these Fall colors! tfs

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous, Patti! Unique and creative layout! Love that DSP!

Bev Gomez said...

Very cute Patti! I love this paper and glad I received it today to play with. Following you from the SC! Bev www.stampingwithbev.blogspot.com

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the colors, layout and that lace edge! Thanks for sharing:-)

...Darlene said...

What a beautiful card. I am now following from Stamping connection.

helloholley said...

This is so elegant and beautiful....I'm following from SC!!!!

Eileen Lang said...

Such a beautiful card. Love your blog - following from SC.
eileensstampingcorner.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

i'm following from SC!
stampcravings.blogspot.com


beautiful blog!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I really like the warm rich tones, but especially the lovely cut out leaves that give the card such depth!

Following you from Stampin'Connection!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Sarah Gough said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Project Tuesday!

Heather Howe said...

So, so beautiful!!!!! I love it. Thanks for sharing all of your fabulous creations. They are very inspiring. Following you now.
Heather Howe
www.stampingknowhowe.blogspot.com

Maree said...

This is just so pretty!. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now following yours :)