Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sunny Garden Birthday

Today is my only niece's birthday so I wanted to wish her a happy birthday with this card.  I took on the Easy Sketch #2 challenge.
For the base, I used Poppy Parade and layered two Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper panels to the front of the card.  I tied my Peach Parfait bow using Mary Fish's no slide bow tip (check video here).  I stamped the image from the Birthday Bliss stamp set using StazOn ink and colored it using a Blender Pen and Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait and Daffodil Delight ink pads.   Using the 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds I added a little sparkle to the cake.  After punching the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch, it was layered on a piece of Sunny Garden DSP and Pear Pizzazz that also had the corners punched.
Daffodil Delight brads from the Brights Brads collection helped highlight the image.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to help bring the image to the forefront.  A bright, cheerful card for a birthday.  Now if only the cake were real!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Birthday Bliss (#115442)
Irresistible Ink:  Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Poppy Parade (#119782); Pear Pizzazz (#119784); Peach Parfait (#119783); Daffodil Delight (#119667)
Paper Confections:  Poppy Parade (#119793); Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Peach Parfait (#119794); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Watercolor Paper (#105019); Sunny Garden DSP (#119831)
Terrific Tools:  Ticket Corner Small Punch (#119867); Blender Pens (#102845)
Finish It Up:  Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119264); Brights Brads (#119740); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

5 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a wonderful card. Thanks for blessing my day! Hmmm - now I suppose I have to buy that ribbon!!! :)

CRYSTAL said...

Oooh, super-fun and cheery - perfect for a niece! :) tfs

Penny Hanuszak said...

Lovely card Patti. The DSP is so warm and inviting your niece can't help but love it!

Ann Schach said...

Very cute! Great job with the sketch!

Butternutsage said...

Hi Patti! Thanks so much for playing with the Easy Sketch this week. I love your card and am delighted that you played along! Stop in again!~Donna