Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to "Work"

I've been missing for a few days.  We had company over the long weekend so I didn't really touch any ink in four days.  I wanted to do the PPA Color Challenge #63 because I really like the combination of cheerful colors.  I came up with this clean and simple birthday card.


The card base is Peach Parfait card stock.  I matted a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock on a piece of Pear Pizzazz In Color Patterns DSP and adhered it to the card front.  The gift bag image from Birthday Bakery stamp set, a level 1 hostess set, was stamped in StazOn ink on Watercolor Paper.  I used my Blender Pens and Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz ink pads to color in the gift bag.  I sponged around the edge with Peach Parfait.  It was punched out with the Large Tag Punch.  I punched out a piece of Melon Mambo card stock with the Extra Large Tag Punch, sponged around the edges with Melon Mambo ink and adhered the image to it.  Unfortunately, after I sponged the tag, it made it look much darker in the picture compared to the Melon Mambo mat on the cupcake.  A Pear Pizzazz brad from the Glimmer In Color Brads was added for a little dazzle.  On Very Vanilla card stock, I stamped the cupcake from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set using the three colors, punched them out with the 1/2" Circle punch and matted them on circles cut with the 3/4" Circle punch.  I popped up the image and the cupcakes with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered them to the card front.  For a little extra dimension, I added Crystal Effects to the heart on the bag and the frosting of the cupcakes.  The sentiment from the gift bag stamp was inked with a Basic Black Marker and stamped on the bottom of the card.  It feels good to get the creative juices going again.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Birthday Bakery (w-#117034/c-#120115); Itty Bitty Bits (w-#117056/c-#120060)
Irresistible Ink:  Jet Black StazOn (#101406); Melon Mambo (#115656); Peach Parfait (#119783); Pear Pizzazz (#119784); Melon Mambo Marker (#121074); Basic Black Marker (#100082)
Paper Confections:  Peach Parfait (#119794); Pear Pizzazz (#1197950; Melon Mambo (#115320); Very Vanilla (#101650); In Color Patterns DSP (#117158); Watercolor Paper (#105109)
Terrific Tools:  1/2" Circle Small Punch (#119869); 3/4" Circle Medium Punch; Large Tag Punch (#119876); Extra Large Tag Punch (#119866); Blender Pens (#102845)
Finish It Up:  Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005); Crystal Effects (#101055); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Patti, this a wonderful layout,and works perfectly with these colors and stamp set! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is so cute! Thanks for blessing my day and bringing a smile to my face. :)

Debbie said...

Hi Patti,

Thanks so much for following my blog. I'm a rather lazy blogger but I am trying to be better at it.
I'm now following you too from Stampin' Connection.

Take care,

Debbie

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the color combo and you did a wonderful job- TFS!

Stampin' Diva said...

What a simple and beautiful card. The layout is just so perfect and the colors are just so cheery. Perfect for a birthday. Thanks for joining us at PPA!!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Cute Patti!!

KreatesKards said...

Thank you for visiting my blog today. Love the color combination of this card.

Lori Ingebritson said...

Really cute card and I'm still following you too!

Tracey Parrott said...

Patti, thanks for following from SC and now following you! Love you style!