Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Button It Down

The challenge this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge 62 was to use buttons on your clean and simple project.  Since I'm not good at using buttons, probably because I mail most of my cards and they add a good sized bulky spot, I thought I was going to pass on this one.  But I wasn't going to let that little glitch stop me.


Figuring out how to use a button was the hardest part to making this card but when I saw this sentiment in the Word Play stamp set, it made it so much easier.  I stamped it on Very Vanilla with VersaMark and Pumpkin Pie ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder using the Heat Tool.  I sponged around the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink and adhered it to a Rose Red card stock mat.  The base of the card is Very Vanilla layered with a piece of the Sweet and Sour Specialty Designer Series Paper and Pumpkin Pie card stock, both cut on a diagonal.  You can't see it in the photo, but this dsp has a shiny, almost embossed look to some of the pages.  I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch on a piece of Pumpkin Pie and a piece of Rose Red card stock, adhered them together and added three Rose Red brads from the Subtles Brads.  This was attached to the card front.  Stampin' Dimensionals were added to the back of the image layer to help pop up the sentiment.  A Very Vanilla button from the Deckthe Halls Big Designer Buttons was attached with Mini Glue Dots to the sentiment where a picture of the globe is in the word world.  I used a very thin strip of Rose Red card stock to tie a "knot" through the button holes.  I like the way the card turned out but you probably won't be seeing too many buttons on my projects.  I sewed for years and that's what I associate buttons with.  I know, stuck in a rut.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Today is World Card Making Day.  Take the time today to ink up some stamps and get creative.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Pumpkin Pie Ink Pad (#105216)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Rose Red (#102544); Sweet & Sour Specialty DSP (#117390)
Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Deck the Halls Big Designer Buttons (#121002); Subtles Brads (#119738); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

10 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Gorgeous card!! Love how you used the button in the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us @ PPA!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a cool card! I love the design. Thanks for blessing my afternoon! :)

Ann Schach said...

Love the colors on this card! The three brads are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with the Pals!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect place for the button! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Patti. Love how you incorporated the button and the "thread". TFS!

Created By You said...

Fun card Patti! Love the button!

Diana said...

Pretty card. Love the use of the button! Now following from Stampin' Connection.

Diana
www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Cute card Patti. Thanks for following along on my blog. I am now a follower of you as well.
I'm looking forward to all your wonderful creations.

Shanda Stirk said...

I love your choice of colors and the design is fabulous! I am now following you from Sc.

Shabby Horse said...

Lovely card! Love that button. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I'm now a follower of your nice blog! Happy stamping :)