Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christmas Bling It On

The Pals Paper Arts Challenge 65 is all about bling and more bling while keeping it clean and simple this week.  Here is what I came up with.


I decided to use Brushed Silver card stock for my base.  My last little piece of Shimmery White card stock was embossed using my doctored up Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  In the oval area I stamped the image from the Bells and Boughs stamp set with VersaMark ink.  This was heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder using the Heat Tool.  With Garden Green and Real Red markers, I added a little color to the leaves and berries.  Basic Rhinestone Jewels were also added to the image as "glitter berries".  The centers of the embossed flowers were made to stand out with the Real Red marker.  I made a small bow using Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  I punched two small holes with the Crop-a-Dile and fed the tails through to the back.  I then adhered the whole layer to the card front.  I figured I covered the bling thing with not only the jewels but the two different card stocks that have their own little shimmer going on.  Hope you like it.


Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Bells and Boughs (w-#120831/c-#121142)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (#100052); Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker (#100080)
Paper Confections:  Shimmery White (#101910); Brushed Silver (#100712)
Terrific Tools:  Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Heat Tool (#100005); Ticket Corner Small Punch (#119867); Crop-a-Dile #108362)
Finish It Up:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246)

blog signature

14 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty!!!

Cards by Gina said...

Ooooh, so very pretty! I love the design and the bling on your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Kath said...

Lovely, what time you put into this!

Bev Gomez said...

cute card Patti! Love your blog!
Bev www.stampingwithbev.blogspot.com

Ruthie said...

this is soooooo pretty!!!!!

Dale Morin said...

It's beautiful. Great job!

wanda box said...

I love the special added details thanks for sharing

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a wonderful card - lots of work. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Chanda Stehlik said...

Ooooh, I love this! So pretty and sparkly! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! :)

Chanda

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous, Patti! Way to "Bling It On!" Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

CRYSTAL said...

Ohhhhh, Patti this is sooo pretty! LOVE everything about it! :) tfs

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Patti, such a pretty card. Love the unembossed oval in the center. Very nice 'bling'.

PS: thanks for the nice comment on my wrench punch art card.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Tammy Clarke said...

This is beautiful

Brenda said...

This is such a beautiful card! I also really like how you format your entries.

I'm now follwing your blog! ~smiles~

Brenda Akerley
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/seeliecourtstamps/blog