Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Deck the Halls for Mojo Monday

This Mojo Monday Challenge 161 is the challenge I attempted today.  Sometimes challenges look just that - challenging.  When you finally start creating, it all comes together much easier than you thought.  There are so many challenges out there.  They are a great starting point for your creativity.

This is my take on the sketch.


For my base, I used Crumb Cake card stock.  The main layer is from the Deck the Halls designer series paper.  Using the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit, I distressed the edges and then sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink.  I TRIED (notice I said tried) to distress the paper even more with the Color Spritzer tool and the Soft Suede Marker.  I really need to work on that more.  I ran a piece of Sticky Strip in a "curve" along the top and attached Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding in a scrunchy manner along the tape.  I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock, used the Paper-Piercing Tool and the paper-piercing template from the Mat Pack along the bottom edge and adhered it to the dsp.  I added Always Artichoke Seam Binding and tied a bow along the upper edge of the Cherry Cobbler card stock.  A brad from the Antique Brads was added right under the knot of the bow.  This whole layer was adhered to the card front.  The sentiment from Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock using the Always Artichoke stampin' spot from the Regals Craft Stampin' Spots.  It was heat embossed with the Heating Tool and Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.  As you can see, I tried to spritz the sentiment in the same manner as before.  Like I said, I need lots of practice.  The sentiment was punched out with the Oval Punch and layered on Always Artichoke card stock that was punched out with the Scallop Oval Punch.  The sentiment was popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals over the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding.  Have I said how much I enjoy using the seam binding?  It is so easy to work with; a little slippery but so soft.  Try some, I know you'll like it too.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Jolly Old Saint Nick (w-#121711/c-#121321)
Irresistible Ink:  Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717); Soft Suede (#115657); Soft Suede Marker (#120973)
Paper Confections:  Crumb Cake (#120953); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Always Artichoke (#105119); Very Vanilla (#101650); Deck the Halls DSP (#120810)
Terrific Tools:  Cutter Kit (#106958); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Mat Pack (#105826); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Heat Tool (#100005); 1-3/4"x7/8" Oval Large Punch (#119855); Scallop Oval Extra-Large Punch (#119856)
Finish It Up:  Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Always Artichoke 1/2" Seam Binding (#121000); Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding (#120992); Antique Brads (#117273); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)

blog signature

4 comments:

Patty Mickle said...

Love your card!!!

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Patti! So vintage!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow very vintage looking! Great card!

CRYSTAL said...

Very pretty - love the ruffled ribbon! :) tfs