Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Frosty Friday

I have been waiting to use this little snowman since I got the stamp set so when I saw the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 141, it just cried out "Use the snowman, use the snowman!"


First things first - I pulled out my Color Coach to help me figure out what colors I wanted to use.  If you don't have this yet, be sure to get one; it is so useful.  I chose Basic Gray as my card base and added a layer of the yummy Cherry Cobbler.  The little snowman from the Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set was stamped on Whisper White with StazOn ink.  With Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler, and Not Quite Navy markers, I colored in his hat, scarf and mittens.  The hat was too dark so I used a Blender Pen to pick up some of the color from it.  His buttons and facial features were drawn over with Basic Gray marker.  I used the Baja Breeze marker on the snow mounds and the shadowing on the snowman.  Dazzling Diamonds was added to the snow and snowman using the 2-Way Glue Pen.  The sentiment was from Christmas Classics stamp set was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.  The image was adhered to a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock.  I added two small loops of retired basic gray satin ribbon to the back of the image.  Where would a little snowman come from if not for snow so I embossed a piece of Baja Breeze card stock with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, matted it with Not Quite Navy card stock and added it to the center of the card front.  The image was popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and added to the card.  This little guy shouldn't melt away at the first hint of warmer weather.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Stop back again.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Jolly Old Saint Nick (w-#121711/c-#121321); Christmas Classics (#111566)
Irresistible Ink:  Jet Black StazOn (#101406); Cherry Cobbler (#119669); Markers - Cherry Cobbler (#119681); Baja Breeze (#120965); Not Quite Navy (#100059); Basic Gray (#120966)
Paper Confections:  Basic Gray (#121044); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Not Quite Navy (#101722); Baja Breeze (#111352); Whisper White (#100730)
Terrific Tools:  Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); Blender Pens (#102845); Color Coach (#121620)
Finish It Up:  Basic Gray 5/8" Satin Ribbon (retired); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023)
blog signature 

8 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Love this! Such a cute lil' snowman, and the color combo...well, I LOVE it! Tucking away in my memory for future use! :) tfs

Shari Winterstein said...

I am a push over for a snowman! This is such a cute card and I like the ribbon on the side. Nice touch. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! Absolutely love this snowman! The Northern Flurry embossing is perfect to use with this layout and stamp! Awesome!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow this is adorable!! You did a fantastic job and now I want that set lol.

Fran said...

Looooove the snowman!

MJ said...

How fun! I agree this is the perfect layout for that darling snowman. And all the extra touches really make it a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Lori W said...

That's a cute little snowman!! And I love the embossing folder... Great job!

Lori :-)

The Pursuit of Stampin'ess said...

Hi dear, this is so cute. For sure love the layout. Well done! Thanks for the inspiration.

Peace to you, Pauline