Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Humming Birthday Wishes

I decided to play along with the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #142 and the Paper Players Monochromatic Theme Challenge #18.  For me, putting and together a monochromatic card is definitely a challenge.


I went with a neutrals theme using Sahara Sand for the card base.  On a piece of Very Vanilla card stock I stamped part of the big floral image from the Elements of Style stamp set with Early Espresso ink.  Using the Color Spritzer Tool and the Soft Suede marker, I spritzed the image.  This was the first time I've used this as you can see.  I think I was too close because I didn't want it to be spritzed as heavy as it is.  I'm sure it gets better the more you use it.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  This layer was adhered to a piece of Early Espresso card stock and spritzed with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol.  It's hard to see on the picture but it does give it a nice effect.  A piece of Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon was attached along the bottom.  I then adhered the image to the card front.  The hummingbird from the same stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla with Soft Suede ink and cut out with Paper Snips.  He was popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on Very Vanilla with Soft Suede ink and punched it out with the Word Window Punch.  Using the Modern Label Punch, I punched out a piece of Early Espresso.  After adhering the sentiment, I cut off the right side to make it straight so I could line it up with the card edge.  After removing the little "legs" on the back of the Antique Brad, I attached a dimensional to the back and added it to the sentiment.  This card will be in the mail tomorrow to a friend down south.  I hope she enjoys it.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Elements of Style (w-#118611/c-#120045); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Early Espresso Ink Pad (#119670); Soft Suede Ink Pad (#115657); Soft Suede Marker (#120973)
Paper Confections:  Sahara Sand Card Stock (#121043); Early Espresso Card Stock (#119686); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650)
Terrific Tools:  Paper Snips (#193579); Color Spritzer Tool (#1070660; Word Window Large Punch (#119857); Modern Label Extra Large Punch (#119849); Stampin' Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (#109026); Antique Brads (#117273); Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

10 comments:

Lori Burkitt said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog layout is darling and your creations are amazing.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful monochromatic card! Love the spritzing and sponging! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

June Houck said...

VERY pretty, Patti! Beautiful card :)

LeAnne said...

Very elegant...a great sketch and great images! Thanks for playing!

CRYSTAL said...

That's funny...I usually have a problem making cards that AREN'T monochromatic! lol Great job, tfs!

Penny Hanuszak said...

I love hummingbirds and this little image is no exception. Lovely card. TFS!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty Patti!

Alex said...

What a beautiful card Patti!! Love it, and checked out some of your other projects, you are fabulously talented! Thanks for stopping by my blog - now I have yours :-)

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

MJ said...

Perfect! Great idea with the huming bird, love it. Thanks so much for playing along.

Julie Gearinger said...

Looks great Patti! Love the hummingbird and of course, Elements of Style is one of my favorite sets! Thanks again for sharing:-)