Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Mighty Oak

Fall is really in the air here.  It's my favorite time of the year so I was inspired by the Pals Paper Arts 64 challenge.  I used the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #144 for the layout.


The card base is Crumb Cake card stock.  I used one of the trees from Lovely As A Tree stamp set for the image, stamping it on Very Vanilla card stock with Chocolate Chip Ink.  I added highlights of More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Wild Wasabi using Sponge Daubers to color the leaves.  The image was layered on Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, and Crumb Cake card stock.  I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the corners of all the layers.  Woodland Walk designer series paper was cut in decreasing lengths, punched on just one end with the Ticket Corner punch and adhered to Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip card stock.  Three Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets were added to the left edge of the designer series paper using the Crop-A-Dial.  The image was added to the card front and popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I added the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes using Chocolate Chip ink.  A clean and simple card that I think will make a great birthday card for a guy.  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Lovely As a Tree (#115026); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Chocolate Chip (#100908); Cajun Craze (#119671); More Mustard (#103162); Wild Wasabi (#109014)
Paper Confections:  Crumb Cake (#120953); Chocolate Chip (#102128); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Very Vanilla (#101650); Woodland Walk DSP (#117389)
Terrific Tools:  Crop-a-Dial (#108362); Ticket Corner Small Punch (#119867); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets f(#108431); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

blog signature

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used the dauber on the leaves - great effect! And the DSP strips are fabulous behind the image! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow this is a great card! I love all the layers and how you used the Jumbo eyelets! Thanks for sharing!

Cards by Gina said...

What a pretty autumn card, Patti! I love the technique you used to add the colors to the tree. I think I will have to try that! TFS and thanks for playing along with us at PPA again this week!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is fabulous, Patti! I love how you inked the tree stamped! Awesome card! Thanks for pakying at Pals Paper Arts!

Shari Winterstein said...

What a great idea using the dauber! Love this card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

MJ said...

Perfect coloring technique for this stamp. Looks great. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week. Sorry I am so late in commenting.

Maree said...

Love how you have coloured the leaves!!

MarĂ­a said...

Love this Card, Fall is my favorite Season too!