Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Comfort & Joy


My card was inspired by the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 145.  It is a really clean and simple design and called out Christmas to me.

I flipped the card so my oval image was laying the long way.  I used Very Vanilla card stock for the base.  Cherry Cobbler card stock was embossed with the large dot Texturz Plate.  A piece of Old Olive card stock was paper pierced along all four sides using the Paper-Piercing Tool with the paper-piercing pad and template from the Mat Pack and then added to the Cherry Cobbler layer.  The Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper was also added.  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was stamped with VersaMark ink and Cherry Cobbler ink, heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder using the Heat Tool and punched out with the large Oval Punch.  I sponged around the edges with a Stampin' Sponge and Cherry Cobbler ink.  An Old Olive Brad was added to the top of the ornament "hook".  I added two Cherry Cobbler Brads to the Old Olive and the whole layer was attached to the card front.  The sentiment was popped up with Stampin' DimensionalsCherry Cobbler is such a rich shade of red.  The photo just doesn't do it justice.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Irresistible Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (#119669); VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Old Olive (#100702); Jolly Holiday DSP (#117159)
Terrific Tools:  Mat Pack (#105826); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (#114512); 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Extra Large Punch (#119859); Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Regals Brads (#119737); Brights Brads (#119740) 

6 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Nice! I just love those embossed dots and great color choices! :) tfs

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card! One of my favorite Texturz plates is the large dots and this card showcases it wonderfully. I also love to paper pierce and sponging is my middle name! Everything I love to do in one beautiful card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti this card is just cute! I love how you turned the sketch around! Great card!

Ann Schach said...

What a classy card! I love the texture and how you flipped the oval. Perfect card!

MJ said...

Very fun, love that you turned the sketch. Great details. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Amy Taylor said...

I really like the simplicity of this card, and I really like how you turned the sketch around.
I'm now following you from SC. Thanks for following me.
Amy
www.justalittleink.com