Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Not So Wicked Witch

I don't do a lot of halloween cards but this stamp set caught my eye so I went ahead and bought it.  I finally decided to put ink to rubber for the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 171.


My card base is, what else, Pumpkin Pie.  Layered on that is a piece of  Early Espresso paper from the Neutrals DSP Stack.  I made the witch's pumpkin body using Pumpkin Pie card stock and punching out three ovals with the 1-3/4"x7/8" Oval punch.  With a Stampin' Sponge, I sponged around the edges with Tangerine Tango ink and adhered them together.  I stamped her shoes on a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock with VersaMark and Early Espresso ink and heat embossed it using Clear embossing powder and the Heat Tool.  Always stamp on the VersaMark first and then whatever color you are going to use so you don't get the color on the VersaMark ink pad.  On a scrap piece of Daffodil Delight, I did the same thing with her hat and cut it out with Paper Snips.  On the side panels of Daffodil Delight, I stamped and embossed the candelabra and the bats the same way.  I matted all three panels on Pumpkin Pie card stock and adhered them to the card front.  I popped up the hat with Stampin' Dimensionals, tilting it a little to give her some sass.  I added Dazzling Diamonds to the flames, socks and hat using the 2-Way Glue Pen to bling her up a little.  The sentiment was stamped on Daffodil Delight, punched out with the 1" Circle Punch, matted on a 1-1/4" circle and added to the card using dimensionals.  Her intent is not to be the "wicked witch" but to have a wicked good time on Halloween.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Early Espresso (#119670); Tangerine Tango (#111834)
Paper Confections:  Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (#117157)
Terrific Tools:  1-3/4"x7/8" Oval Large Punch (#119855); 1" Circle Medium Punch (#119861); 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch (#119855); Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 

CHECK THIS OUT

Stampin' Up! has just added many, many new items to their clearance rack.  If you want the chance to get some really great deals, visit my Stampin' Up website here, click Shop Now on the top right, and order to your heart's content.  It will be shipped directly to you.  Don't miss out on all these terrific bargains!

blog signature

10 comments:

Kerin said...

What a cute idea!! Great job with the sketch!

Amy said...

Hi Patti-
I love this witch hiding behind the pumpkin!! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog today. I'm glad you liked my design team submission. :)

Amy Fink
http://www.amysstampinplace.blogspot.com

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very cute and clever! TFS I followed over from Stampin'Connection blog list.

Jennifer Thomas said...

Hi Patti, thanks for following my blog, I'm following you back now too.
Jennifer @ www.littleinkontheprairie.blogspot.com

Juliet said...

Too cute! new follower from SC

Juliet
http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...this is just too cute! I absolutely love it! So unique and creative!

Amy Parker said...

What a cute card! I'm now following you from SC!

http://www.scrapdrawerdesigns.com

CRYSTAL said...

Ha ha ha...this card makes me laugh! Love the main image combo of the pumpkin/hats/boots. :) tfs!

Jaime Benavides said...

Tag you're it! Following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection. I hope you'll return the follow by visiting my blog:
http://www.scrapcrazydiva.blogspot.com
Great project! TFS ;)

Rhonda said...

I love this! I have this set too, and I love finding more ideas for it. TFS

Following you from NY via Stampin Connection. Thank you for following me! http://scrappingjoy.blogspot.com