Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sparkly, Sunny Birthday Wishes

Using the latest Diva Coffee Break Sketch Challenge #199 (sketch seen below), I created a birthday card for my future daughter-in-law.  I turned the sketch on its side because of the image I wanted to use.

The designer paper and colors reflect her bright, cheerful personality.

I used Pear Pizzazz card stock for the base of the card and added a layer of Sunny Garden designer series paper.  The image from the Birthday Bakery stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock with Basic Black ink and colored in using Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and Daffodil Delight inks and a Blender Pen.  After I let the image dry, I covered the whole thing with VersaMark (I turned the ink pad upside down and applied it that way).  Heat and Stick powder was added to the VersaMark on the image and melted with the Heat ToolIridescent Ice Embossing Powder was added to the melted Heat and Stick powder and set with the Heat Tool.  Love that sparkle.  One edge of a piece of Poppy Parade card stock was punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch.  Using the Crop-a-Dile, I punched out small holes above the scalloped edge.  I weaved Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon through the holes and attached the ends at the back.  I adhered the Poppy Parade and the image layers to the card front.  The sentiment from the All Holidays stamp set was stamped with Basic Black ink on a strip of Peach Parfait card stock.  I then added two Pear Pizzazz glimmer brads from the Glimmer In Color Brads to a strip of Peach Parfait card stock and adhered it to the top of the card front.  The finishing touch was a small Daffodil Delight double bow that was added to the Poppy Parade layer with a Mini Glue Dot.  All done but unfortunately she probably received it the day after her birthday.  I underestimated the delivery time of the USPS.  Plus it doesn't help the post office very much if I wait until the last minute!  Why is it, when we know when everyone's birthday is, we still procrastinate?  I've been doing better, but this one got away.  Have a wonderful day.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Birthday Bakery (w-#117034/c-#120115 - Hostess Set); All Holidays (#114916)
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Black (#101179); Pear Pizzazz (#119784); Peach Parfait (#119783); Poppy Parade (#119782); Daffodil Delight (#119667); VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Peach Parfait (#119794); Poppy Parade (#119793); Whisper White (#100730); Sunny Garden DSP (#119831)
Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Blender Pens (#102845); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882)
Finish It up:  Heat & Stick Powder (#100625); Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (#101930); Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119254); Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005); Mini Glue Dots (#103683) 
blog signature

4 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty, I love what you did with the ribbon.

The Pursuit of Stampin'ess said...

I agree with Holly.. That ribbon is the cutest ever.. So sweet and perfect for this card!

Hugs, Pauline

Tammy Fite said...

so cute!! Lot the cakes and glitter!! Thanks for playing along with the divas!

Kristin Moore said...

Love all that sparklyness Patti! Just beautiful. Thanks for joining the Divas!