Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spooky, Spooky, Spooky

I haven't been very good about posting this past week.  Everyday life seems to interfere with my "fun work".  This card today I came up with for a small stamp camp I am having this weekend.  It fits in with the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #24 and the Stampin' Royalty Challenge #41.


My card base is Rich Razzleberry on which I stamped the word Spooky  from the Wicked Cool stamp set with Basic Gray ink along the bottom three times.  I cut a piece of Basic Gray paper from the Neutrals Patterns designer series paper and randomly stamped the spider web from the same stamp set using Basic Gray ink.  I used the 7-sided distressing tool from the Cutter Kit along all four sides and finished roughing up the edges with my fingernail.  This piece was then adhered to the card front.  With the Two-Step Owl punch and a piece of Whisper White card stock, I punched out the owl, cut off his feet with Paper Snips and turned him upside down to make my little goblin.  His eyes were also punched out from the owl punch using Basic Black card stock, highlighted with the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, and glued to the goblin using the 2-Way Glue Pen.  For the pumpkins, I used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and the 2 x 1-3/8" Oval Punch to cut three of each size out of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  The edges were sponged with Tangerine Tango ink.  I adhered the three pieces of each size to make two pumpkins.  The stem was cut free hand from a piece of Old Olive card stock.  The curly-q (is that a word?) was made using a thin strip of Old Olive card stock which I wrapped around the narrow part of the Paper Piercing Tool.  This and the stem were added to the back of each pumpkin.  The larger pumpkin was attached to the dsp and the smaller pumpkin was popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I slipped my little goblin behind the small pumpkin, attaching him with another dimensional.  This is probably my last Halloween card (not that I made many) since I have other projects that must be done in the next couple of weeks.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Chilly weather has set in here in the northeast but I guess that is to be expected this time of the year.



Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Gray (#109120); Tangerine Tango (#111834)
Paper Confections:  Rich Razzleberry (#115316); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Whisper White (#100730); Old Olive (#100702); Basic Black (#121045); Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack (#117157)
Terrific Tools:  Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch (#118074); 1-3/8" Circle Large Punch; 2"x1-3/8" Oval Large Punch (#119859); Cutter Kit (#106958); uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); Paper Snips (#103579); Stampin' Sponges (#101610); Paper Piercing Tool (#116631)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425)

blog signature

11 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, That is so cute. I love it!

Rochelle said...

How cute! I love the little ghost with the pumpkins! Thanks for playing with us this week at the SCIC blog!

Jenn Picard said...

Sooo cute! Love the punch art; how fun. Thanks for joinning us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Heather Pilz said...

Hi Patti, Thanks for dropping by my blog. I am following you now. Love the card and inspiration here! Thanks for sharing!

<a href="http://scrapingandstamping.blogspot.com'>ScrapingandStamping.blogspot.com</a>

Hands On said...

Love the ghost. I just made him myself this weekend! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

How cute! I love your little ghost just adorable!

Candace Lawlor said...

Thanks for joining us at the SCIC this week - I just love those punched pumpkins... neat idea!

Cindi Krauch said...

Love your Halloween card! Following from SC!

Dragonflyink said...

Oh My Goodness. So Cute! Following you from SC! Cheers and happy stamping!
www.dragonflyinkcreations.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Too cute! What a great little ghost. :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Super cute!! Love the fun polka dot background. Isn't it great that the owl punch is so versatile?! Thanks for playing with us at the SCIC!!!