Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3-D Christmas


My Christmas card is based on the Pals Paper Arts 70 Challenge.  It's a 5"x5" card, something I don't normally make but for this sketch it is more visually appealing.

The base is that wonderfully elegant color Cherry Cobbler.  This is such a dark red and wonderful to use when making Christmas cards.  I  added a layer of Very Vanilla and Jolly Holiday designer series paper.  Scrap pieces of Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Old Olive card stock were embossed using the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  I then punched out eight pieces with the 1-1/4" Square Punch and adhered them to the dsp.  The ornament from Delightful Decorations stamp set was stamped twice on Very Vanilla card stock and punched out with the Ornament Punch.  I punched out of the dsp one more ornament that I added to the back of one of the stamped ones.  One ornament was added to a piece of Old Olive card stock.  After folding the second ornament (the one with dsp on the back), I added an Old Olive brad to the front using a Glue Dot, snipping off the "tabs" because of the fold.  This was then added to the first ornament with Glue Dots.  The ornament layer was then adhered to Very Vanilla card stock, Cherry Cobbler brads added to each corner, and the whole layer was popped up using dimensionals.  I love using traditional red and green for Christmas cards.  I guess I'm an old school kind of lady.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Delightful Decorations (#116517)
Irresistible Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (#119669)
Paper Confections:  Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Old Olive (#100702); Very Vanilla (#101650); Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper (#117159)
Terrific Tools:  1-1/4" Square Large Punch (#119865); Ornament Extra-Large Punch (#119847); :Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Paper Piercing Tool (#116631)
Finish It Up:  Regals Brads (#119737); Brights Brads (#119740); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

10 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Very pretty! Love the squares that are embossed!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow you met the challenge head on!!! Love the colors and the center design. The DSP is perfect. Really nice Patti. TFS.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! Can't beat that gorgeous texture! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Shari Winterstein said...

I LOVE this card! The colors are so vibrant and the picture makes it pop. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful!

Yolanda said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your card! That is truly amazing!

Lisa Flynn said...

Patti your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Great job!

Lisa Flynn
www.TheStampCampCounselor.com

Rose Castillo said...

So pretty!

Crystal said...

Oh, my GOODNESS!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!! Sorry if it seems like I'm shouting, but I might as well be for how beautiful this is!!! :) Love all the texture! tfs

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ooooh, love this layout and the way you embossed the squares!