Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blinged Out Dasher


I'm back to Christmas.  I enjoy bouncing from one theme to another; keeps it fresh.  I used the Inkspirations Color Challenge 48 and the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 177 for my inspiration.  It turned out to be a clean and simple design.

The base of my card is Crumb Cake card stock.  I embossed a layer of Glossy White card stock with the Northern Flurries embossing folder and rounded all four corners.  The bow was made using Real Red and Old Olive taffeta ribbon.  I brought the ribbon through two holes punched in the white layer and tied it

as you would any other bow.  This was adhered to the card front.  The Dasher image was stamped on Crumb Cake card stock using Whisper White craft ink and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.  I  added a Basic Black brad for his  eye.  The image was layered on mats of Old Olive and Real Red after rounding the corners on all three layers.  The image layer was added to the white layer over the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I added rhinestones to the snowflakes and Dasher's antlers.  Another card to add to my holiday stash.  Have a terrific day.

Supplies Used 
Stamp Set:  Dasher (#116816)
Ink:  Whisper White Craft Ink (#101731)
Paper:  Crumb Cake (#120953); Glossy White (#102599); Old Olive (#100702); Real Red (#102482)
Tools:  Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Neutrals Brads (#119736); Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119256); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Crop-A-Dile (#108362)
blog signature

15 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love your blinged out Dasher! You and I were on the same wavelength today! Great color combination!

Selene Kempton said...

Hey Patti! Something went a little wonky with our linky tool.. It's something to do with daylight savings he said.. I'm working with the company to see if I can get your GORGEOUS card added to our lineup. I love the clean and simple feel of your card.. It's really stunning! Thanks for playing along with stamping411. (((rubbah hugs))) Selene~

Shari Winterstein said...

I love everything about this card. What a neat idea to use two different colored ribbons. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Renée said...

ooooh, so cute!

Just wanted to let you know that your card is linked up on the Inkspirations Challenge blog!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Love all the bling!! Great job using our sketch too!!

Deborah said...

Fabulous card. I love your blinged out Dasher!

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Gorgeous simple creation! Thanks for playing along!
Kirsty

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with Dasher! Love it combined with the Snowflake Impressions Folder! Great job!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Patti I just love Dasher and he's my Christmas card this year. I don't have the Flurries emboss folder, but I'm wanting it so much with all the cards I've seen using it. Love your bling extras. So cute

Crystal said...

Oooh, so pretty, Patti! I've never thought of embossing on the glossy cardstock before - love the bling! :) tfs

Patti Chesky said...

Love all the bling!!!!

Chanda Stehlik said...

What a beautiful Dasher card! So pretty and sparkling! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

Chanda Stehlik
www.OneCraftyMommy.com

Lee-Anne said...

Beautiful. I love the embossed snowflakes and love all the bling. This is gorgeous, a perfect use of the Inkspiration Colours.

Julie Gearinger said...

Boy is he a handsome fella! Love the bling, the colors and the embossing- wonderful card- TFS!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love your blinged dasher!! I love adding bling to the dasher. Very pretty card!