Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

One Favor/Gift Box - Two Challenges

I recently had someone ask if I could make a small box to hold a favor.  After telling me what the favor was and the size, I designed a box similar to this one.  This is not the box I made for her because she hasn't had the party yet so I'll wait and show it to you at a later date.  But The Paper Players 22 challenge of "Anything Goes" and the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 54 seemed just right to make this box based on their challenges.

I think this is the first time I've posted something other than a card.  For the box and the lid I used Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper.  After cutting the lid and scoring where I was going to fold, I used the Scallop Trim Corner Punch and the Scallop Trim Border Punch on the four corners and edges.  I then assembled the the lid and box using Sticky Strip for a strong hold.  The flower on the lid was made by punching out three Pumpkin Pie and two Very Vanilla scallop circles using the Scallop Circle Punch.  I spritzed them all with water, crinkled them up, opened them back up, held them together with a Very Vanilla brad, scrunched them up again and gently unfolded them.  I then used a Sponge Dauber and More Mustard ink to add some depth around the petals and set it aside to dry.  I didn't have any pumpkin pie ribbon so I took a piece of retired 3/8" whisper white grosgrain ribbon and "dyed" it with a Sponge Dauber and Pumpkin Pie ink.  The sentiment from Cute By The Inch stamp set was stamped with Cajun Craze ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and trimmed down with my Paper Snips.  I punched out a piece of More Mustard card stock using the 1-1/4" Square punch, trimmed that down also and adhered the sentiment to it.  This was added to a piece of Cajun Craze card stock punched out with the Scallop Square punch.  A Pumpkin Pie brad was added to the center of the flower.  I wrapped the ribbon around the box and adhered it to the box.  The image layer was added using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I then added the flower to the top also using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I really enjoy coming up with different size boxes to fit a specific item.  It certainly helps keep my brain active.  I hope you enjoyed my little project today.   Have a great weekend.

REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK THIS WEEKENDTake advantage of that extra hour of sleep or, better yet, spend it playing with your paper, ink and stamps.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Cute By The Inch (Hostess - w-#116992/c-#120130)
Irresistible Ink:  Cajun Craze (#119671); More Mustard (#103162); Pumpkin Pie (#105216)
Paper Confections:  Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Very Vanilla (#101650); More Mustard (#100946); Cajun Craze (#119684); Autumn Spice DSP (#120808)
Terrific Tools:  1-3/4" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch (#119854); Scallop Trim Corner Punch (#118870); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Scallop Square Extra Large Punch (#119884); 1-1/4" Square Large Punch; Paper Snips (#103579); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Brights Brads (#119740); Neutrals Brads (#119736); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Sticky Strip (#104294)
blog signature

8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Such a pretty favor box! Love the colors and that 3-D flower on top. very pretty! :)

melissa said...

i like this box thanks for sharing
www.melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow - This is a GREAT box. I love everything about it. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a wonderful fall box! Beautiful! Thanks for joining The Paper Players again this week!

LeAnne said...

Just a fabulous little box---all the details make it so adorable! Great job!

Cindy said...

Beautiful job! I guess you should be doing more projects like this !!! Enjoyed browsing through your blog. Following via Stampin Connection.

Stacey Schafer said...

how pretty! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful! What a great box! I just love everything about it!