Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Real Challenge Challenge

Nope, I didn't get carried away and type a word twice in the title.  I worked with two challenges on this card - Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 146 and Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo #37.  The color combo was a challenge challenge.  These are colors I would probably never group together but I came up with this card.

I decided to rotate the sketch 90 degrees because I was using a sentiment as my image.  The card base is Pear Pizzazz.  I embossed a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock with the Finial Press embossing folder, rounded all four corners with the 3/16" Corner Punch, sponged the edges with Pretty in Pink ink and adhered it to a mat of Cajun Craze card stock that was also rounded on the corners.  I put a piece of Sticky Strip along the right side to which I added the ribbon in random folds.  I used Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon because it looks like basic gray and because Stampin' Up! doesn't have basic gray ribbon.  This whole layer was then attached to the card front.  The sentiment was inked with Basic Gray ink, the ink was removed from the little heart at the end with a Blender Pen, colored with a Pretty in Pink marker, huffed on and stamped on Whisper White card stock.  I rounded the four corners, sponged the edges with Pretty in Pink ink and matted it on Pear Pizzazz and Cajun Craze card stocks whose corners were also rounded.  Three Pretty in Pink brads were added to a corner of the sentiment.  I popped  this all up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I'm still not quite sure about the card but I do love a challenge.  Have a restful and blessed Sunday.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Gray (#109120); Pretty in Pink (#101301); Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker (#100045)
Paper Confections:  Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Cajun Craze (#119684); Pretty in Pink (#100459); Whisper White (#100730)
Terrific Tools:  Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Blender Pens (#102845) 
Finish It Up:  Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119962); Subtles Brads (#119738); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

7 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty! You did a great job with the challenges too.

Tamie said...

This is such a beautiful card! You made this color combo look so easy! I just love everything about it! THank you so much for sharing this amazing card with us at PPC!

Shari Winterstein said...

Great job on the challenges. I like the design of your card and the way you used the ribbon. Thanks for blessing my day. :) Hope you are having a blessed Sunday.

Lori said...

Hi Patti! This color combo *was* a challenge, challenge!! But, like Tamie said, you made it look VERY easy! Thanks for playing with us this week at PPC!

Lori - PPC DT

MJ said...

Fun card, love how you turned the sketch and the ribbon is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along.

Sandy said...

Wow, I love how you used that ribbon! Great job! Thanks for joining us at PPC!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card! I love the texture and the scrunchy ribbon!