Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ribbon In The Round

 
Today's card was created using two different challenges - the Pals Paper Arts 69 which was to make it clean and simple with ribbon or fabric as the focus and Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #178.  My trusty color coach was pulled out when I decided to use my neglected blushing bride card stock.  That is certainly a handy tool. 

My card base is blushing bride card stock layered with perfect plum and sahara sand which was embossed with one of the texturz plates.  I spritzed the sahara sand with champagne shimmer paint that was mixed with alcohol.  A strip of perfect plum was punched with the scallop edge border punch, stamped with the sentiment from teeny tiny wishes stamp set, and adhered to the sahara sand layer.  With my circle scissor plus I cut two circles, in perfect plum and one in whisper white.  The image from the vintage vogue stamp set was stamped with perfect plum stampin' spot and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  A blushing bride glimmer brad was added to the center of the flower.  This was matted with the perfect plum circle.  Sticky strip was added to the back of the circle and the blushing bride ribbon was attached, ruffling it as I went along.  This whole layer was popped up using dimensionals.  I think adding the ribbon to the back of the image layer took longer than it took to make the rest of the card.  Go out and have a great day and if you're not going out, get a little ink on your fingers.

Supplies Used 
Stamp Set:  Vintage Vogue; Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Subtles Craft Stampin' Spots; Basic Black
Card Stock:  Perfect Plum; Blushing Bride; Sahara Sand; Whisper White
Tools:  Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates; Scallop Edge Border Punch; Circle Scissor Plus; Glass Mat
Finish It Up:  Blushing Bride 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon; Glimmer In Color Brads; Sticky Strip; Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder; Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint; Stampin' Dimensionals
blog signature

8 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Great card. I forget about the texture plates. I'll have to get them out. It gives the card a nice look. TFS

Penny Hanuszak said...

Very pretty card Patti. I like the way you showcased the ribbon and the color combo. TFS!

Shari Winterstein said...

Really cute way to use the ribbon. Also thank you for your kind words on my blog! I'm in the ouchie stage right now. :( Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love your ribbon treatment! Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I just love what you've done with this ribbon.....it's fabulous!

Connie Babbert said...

what a fun ribbon treatment! Great job with the sketch!

Kerin said...

That is the coolest ribbon technique! Awesome job with the sketch :)

Crystal said...

LOVE that rounded ribbon thing!! tfs!