Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Special Birthday

This card was made for my older son's birthday later this week.  I certainly hope he stays true to form and doesn't check out my blog until he at least gets the card.  I worked with two challenges again today:  Color Round Up Color Challenge #8 and Create with Connie & Mary 123.


These colors are great for a Fall birthday.  I used More Mustard card stock for the base.  I layered a piece of Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper on Cajun Craze card stock and adhered to the left side of the card front.  A strip of the dsp was layered on another piece of Cajun Craze and attached to the card.  The two leaves were cut out of Autumn Spice dsp using the Leaves #2 die, the edges curled up, and attached to replace the image on the sketch.  The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped in Early Espresso on Old Olive card stock, attached to a piece of Cajun Craze card stock punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch, and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The finishing touch was adding Cajun Craze, Old Olive, and Early Espresso brads.  The only thing left is to put it in the mail.  We are truly blessed to have two wonderful adult sons and I am always amazed at how quickly the time has gone by.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Early Espresso (#119670); Cajun Craze (#119671)
Paper Confections:  Cajun Craze (#119684); More Mustard (#100946); Old Olive (#100702); Autumn Spice DSP (#120808)
Terrific Tools:  Leaves #2 Original Die (#113459); Word Window Large Punch (#119857); 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch (#119861); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Neutrals Brads (#119736); Regals Brads (#119737); Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


blog signature

10 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great guy card! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Deb said...

This is a beautiful fall card! I just love these colors together! I love how you cut the leaves out of the designer paper! It really gives them great texture. Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Oh I just love your leaves! What perfect touch with the DSP! Thank so much for all the kind words on my blog and thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Debi said...

Love the guy card!!!...Beautiful colors...thanks for visiting my blog so I could find yours....lol...
debi
http://www.debislakeshorestudio.blogspot.com

helloholley said...

This is a beautiful card....I just love visiting your blog....you are an inspiration every time! ;)

Mary Brown said...

WOW...you did such a fabulous job putting these to challenges together! LOVE that color combo with the sketch. Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Cute fall card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Great card...I always love fall and that DSP! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary1

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the fall colors and the leaves. Thanks again for the inspiration and sharing with all of us!

~Create Me Pink~ said...

This is a beautiful card :) I hope you son loved it!

I'm following you now :) Thank you for following me as well!