Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Wedding in Jersey




I've been missing in action because of Thanksgiving and a family wedding in New Jersey this past weekend.  I would like to show you the card I made for the happy couple.  I used the Stampin' Royalty Challenge #47 for my inspiration.  As you can see, I reversed the image.


I made the card a little larger than the A2 size.  I keep a small supply of larger envelopes in white and cream so I am able to make a larger card for some special occasions.  My card base is whisper white.  I used the scallop punch on the bottom edge of a piece of brushed silver card stock and layered that on the base.  A piece of whisper white was embossed with a texturz plate, spritzed with platinum shimmer paint mixed with alcohol, punched on the two bottom corners with the corner punch, and adhered to the brushed silver layer.  I stamped the image from the Elements of Style stamp set with VersaMark on the white card stock, heat embossed it using silver embossing powder and punched all four corners with the corner punch.  This was matted with brushed silver card stock that was also corner punched.  Two small hearts were punched out of the silver card stock with the heart to heart punch and added to two corners of the image.  I added pearls to each heart, one to the image (you can see it better by clicking the photo to enlarge it), and along the bottom on the scallops.  The double bow was added by inserting the ends in two holes punched with the crop-a-dile and a glue dot on the back of the knot.  The image layer was popped up with dimensionals.  I hope they enjoyed the card as much as I did the wedding.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Stamp Set:  Elements of Style (w-E118611/c-#120045)
Paper:  Whisper White (#100730); Brushed Silver (#100712)
Tools:  Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); Heat Tool (#100005); Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Heart to Heart Extra-Large Punch (#119881)
Finish It Up:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon (#114319); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Platinum Shimmer Paint (#116807); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

blog signature

8 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Very elegant card. I am sure the happy newlyweds love it. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Love this wedding card, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you!

helloholley said...

Just Gorgeous Patti!!! ;)

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card. I live in Morris County in NJ. Were you anywhere near me?

Jenn Picard said...

Beautiful card, I love the way you flipped the focal layer. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! So elegant and classy!

Denise said...

This is one beautiful wedding card. It's so elegant. Nicely done!
Thank for playing along with Stampin' Royalty.

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful and delicate. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week. You did a great job with the sketch!