Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Window on the Woods

When I saw the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge 66, I thought of doing a window looking out on a wooded area, similar to the view from a few windows in my home.
I chose Very Vanilla card stock for the card base; I guess you'd say it's the wall housing the window.  For the woodwork on the window I used a piece of the Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper and punched out four panes with the 1-1/4" Square Punch.  I sponged the sun with So Saffron ink using a template I made by punching out a circle from scrap paper with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.  The tree from Lovely as a Tree stamp set was stamped three times with Garden Green ink.  I stamped it off a couple of times before stamping on the card to give the illusion of the trees being at varying distances from the window.  I then adhered the window frame over the stamped images.  The window sill was made by again making a template using the Word Window Punch and then tracing it onto Crumb Cake card stock, cutting it out with Paper Snips and sponging around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.  I then added it to the bottom of the window.  I made a double valance using Woodland Walk dsp which I embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and Garden Green Textured card stock.  I punched one edge of each with the Scallop Edge Border Punch, layered the green onto the dsp, added two brads from the Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, and adhered it over the window using Stampin' Dimensionals.  The tiny tea cup from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set was stamped with Garden Green ink on Very Vanilla card stock, punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch, added to a piece of Garden Green textured card stock punched out with the 3/4" Circle Punch, and popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.  I wanted it to suggest the idea of sitting in front of the window enjoying a relaxing cup of tea.  I'm not a tea or coffee drinker, but I will use my imagination.  Gotta run; we're heading out to do our civic duty.  Have a great day!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Lovely As A Tree (#115026); Itty Bitty Bits (w-#117056/c-#120060)
Irresistible Ink:  So Saffron (#105213); Garden Green (#102272); Chocolate Chip (#100908)
Paper Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Garden Green Textured (#119928); Crumb Cake (#120953); Woodland Walk DSP (#117389)
Terrific Tools:  1-1/4" Square Large Punch; 1/2" Circle Small Punch (#119869); 3/4" Circle Medium Punch; Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882); Word Window Large Punch (#119857); 1-1/4" circle Large Punch; Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Paper Snips (#103579); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware (#112454); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 
blog signature

7 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for blessing my morning! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Cute!! Another great idea for this set!

Ann Schach said...

Too cute! I love it! The embossed window treatment is fabulous. Thanks for playing with the Pals!

Lisa Flynn said...

Love it! Great card!
Lisa Flynn
www.TheStampCampCounselor.com

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

love the card!!! great work!
thanks for dropping by my blog. i'm now following you too. Cheers!

CRYSTAL said...

Great card! PERFECT for the sketch! I like your choice of DSP for this as well - perfect! :) tfs

Katherine said...

love the idea of the window from this "inside view"! TFS!