Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Family Christmas

I love the old fashioned look of this Christmas stamp set.  I used it for the third card in my stamp-a-stack class.

My card base was made using Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I used the distressing tool from the Mat Pack around the edges of the Deck the Halls designer paper, sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink and attached it to the card front.  I layered a strip of Soft Suede card stock onto a strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock and added two gold brads on each end.  The image from Welcome Christmas stamp set was stamped with VersaMark on Crumb Cake card stock and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I distressed the edges of this also, sponged it with Soft Suede ink and then matted it with a piece of Always Artichoke card stock.  It was popped up with dimensionals to the card front.  The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink and punched out with the Modern Label punch.  Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke card stock were also punched out with the same punch.  I cut each one down and attached them to frame the sentiment on each side.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the front of the card.  Lots of paper "crumbs" were scattered on the table from all the distressing but the end result is worth it.  What's a little mess when you're creating!  Have a terrific day.  I'll be back with the last two cards in the next few days.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Cherry Cobbler (#119669); Soft Suede (#115657)
Paper Confections:  Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Soft Suede (#115318); Always Artichoke (#105119); Crumb Cake (#120953); Deck the Halls DSP (#120810)
Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Mat Pack (#105826); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Modern Label Extra Large Punch (#119849)
Finish It Up:  Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109129); Gold Brads (#104337); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous, Patti! I need to get this stamp inked up before the season is over. I love what you have done!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is another great card from your Stamp-a-stack collection. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

I love that old fashion look too! Great card. Also like your falling snow!

Stephanie Uzee said...

I love this set! I would love to attend one of your stamp a stack, classes, or even a workshop!

I would love to have a local stamping buddy!!!

helloholley said...

Gorgeous!!! I knew I should've bought this set,oh darn!

Yolanda said...

That isn't a stamp set I would of picked, but seeing what you have done with it, I think I will have to reconcider. I love your card! Thanks for sharing. Have a beautiful day!

Crystal said...

Such a GORGEOUS card!!!! Seriously, I love it, Patti! It's so classic and old-fashioned looking - in a GOOD way. ;-) Thanks so much for sharing!