Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Greetings of the Season

This is the second card we made at my recent stamp-a-stack.  Pretty clean and simple.  I certainly learned something about stamp-a-stacks.  Cards need to be kept easy to make especially when new stampers are involved.  Plus they are less time consuming than cards with a lot more work to them.  Lesson learned!

The card base is Riding Hood Red.  I layered a piece of Jolly Holiday designer series paper on to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  A piece of sleigh bells ribbon, retired from the 2009 holiday mini, was applied to cover the edge of the dsp.  I stamped the image from Bells and Boughs stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Basic Black ink.  It was colored in with Old Olive and Riding Hood Red markers.  I used a Chocolate Chip marker to accent the veins in the leaves.  This was matted with a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock, popped up with dimensionals and added to the card front.  The sentiment from Sincere Salutations stamp set was stamped in Old Olive ink.  All done fast and easy.  I think I am going to add some Crystal Effects and/or dazzling diamonds to the berries for some added dimension.  I'll be posting the other three cards over the next few days.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Bells and Boughs (w-#120831/c-#121142); Sincere Salutations (#115068)
Irresistible Ink:  Old Olive Ink Pad (#192266); Basic Black Ink Pad (#101179); Markers - Riding Hood Red (#120971); Old Olive (#100079); Chocolate Chip (#100071)
Paper Confections:  Riding Hood Red (#111348); Very Vanilla (#101650); Jolly Holiday DSP (#117159)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Sleigh Bells Ribbon (retired)

blog signature

6 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

I love this card. I think I may CASE it for next Sunday's Berean Bible Class cards. Simple but oh so pretty. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

It may be simple, but it certainly is beautiful! I love it!

helloholley said...

Perfect Patti!!! Clean and simple with such elegance to it ;) Merry Christmas to you from me!!! ;)

Renee said...

i LOVE this, simple and clean design, it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Hugz n blessings.

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

angelswhostamp said...

I agree with you - simple is best for beginners (including the demonstrator!) At my last stamp class (Basic Stamping 101) we did a progression of 3 cards from simple to less simple and a little time consuming - I'll use that class plan again