Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Let It Snow

Using The Paper Players #27 challenge, A Christmas Theme, and Friday Mashup #22, I created this card which is one of the cards we will be making in my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack this weekend.  I'll be sharing the others over the next week.

My card base is Marina Mist card stock.  I ran a piece of Bashful Blue card stock through the Big Shot using the Northern Flurry embossing folder. Frost White Shimmer Paint mist was spritzed on the embossed image.  I punched all four corners with the retired notched corner punch, laced retired silver elastic cord through the corners tying a bow in the bottom right corner and adhering it to the card front.  Using Marina Mist card stock and 
the Big Shot, I cut two snowflakes from the Snowflakes #2 sizzlits, inserted a Silver Brad in the center of each and attached them to the card front with Mini Glue Dots.  I hope my stampers enjoy this card.  See you soon.



Stampin' Up Products Used 
Paper Confections:  Marina Mist Card Stock (#119682); Bashful Blue Card Stock (#105120)
Terrific Tools:  Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Snowflakes Set #2 Sizzlits 4-Pack Dies (#113449); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Paper Piercing Tool (#116631); Notched Corner Punch - retired
Finish It Up:  Silver Brads (#104336); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Silver Elastic Cord - retired 
blog signature

11 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job Patti! Love the embossing and all of the other detail! Also, thank you for the Stylish Blogger Award- what a wonderful surprise! I am hoping to be able to pass it on tomorrow:-) Thanks again for all of your creative inspiration- have a blessed week!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Patti. Love that corner ticket effect and the silver cord. I still use mine too! TFS.

Anne Marie said...

Great color combo! Love the silver border, too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week! :)

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a pretty card. I forgot all about that corner punch - which I have! :) Thanks for blessing my evening. :)

Ann Schach said...

So very pretty, Patti! I love this color combination! I would definitely have fun making this at your stamp-a-stack! Thanks for joining The Paper Players!

helloholley said...

ohhhh....love!

Terry said...

I think your stampers will enjoy making this snowflake card! So glad you entered the Friday Mashup! challenge. Thanks!

Dale Morin said...

Really like this card. Love that embossing folder and love seeing all the samples made using it. Great job. TFS

Renee said...

fantastic card!! I love the embossing! I am now following you from stampin connection. hugz n blessings.

Crystal said...

Love this - I'm a sucker for blue and snowflakes! :) tfs

PS - love the new blog look - ha ha..love the hat on your owl! :)

Friday Mashup said...

Hey Girl
Love the card!! thank you for joining us for the Snowflake challenge at Friday Mashup.We have a really cool sketch challenge that Holly worked on, up next.

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin