Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

This is the final card from my stamp-a-stack.  When I saw this tea bag fold Christmas tree on the Create Me Pink blog, I had to give it a try.  It looks complicated but her video tutorial is great and easy to follow.  The ladies all enjoyed making this one.  I think the folding of the designer paper is sort of relaxing once you learn the folds.

I started with a base of Old Olive card stock.  I folded the three sections of the tree using the Jolly Holiday designer series paper.  Your tree can be so many different designs and colors using any dsp.  I drew free hand the trunk of the tree on Chocolate Chip card stock and cut it out with Paper Snips.  I attached the trunk to a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and then added each layer of the tree; please see the above tutorial for how to attached each section.  I stamped the star from the retired Snow Buddies stamp set on to a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock with Chocolate Chip ink, covered it with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  It was punched out with the 1/2" Circle punch and added above the tree with a dimensional.  This layer was added to a mat of Very Vanilla card stock.  I added the "snowflakes" with the white gel pen.  A piece of Old Olive ribbon was added to the bottom and the whole layer was added to the card front.  The sentiment from the Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink, punched out with the Scallop Oval punch, attached to a Cherry Cobbler mat punched out with Large Oval punch and added to the card front with dimensionals.  The whole layer was then added to the card.  I love this 3-D effect and it flattens out so it can be put in the mail.  I hope you give this a try.  We had fun making the tree and the end result makes for a cute card.  Start folding!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Jolly Old Saint Nick (w-#121711/c-#121321); Snow Buddies (retired)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad (#119669); Chocolate Chip Ink Pad (#100908)
Paper Confections:  Chocolate Chip (#102128); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Old Olive (#100702); Very Vanilla (#101650); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper (#117159)
Terrific Tools:  Scallop Oval Extra-Large Punch (#119856); 2"x1-3/8" Oval Extra-Large Punch (#119859); Heat Tool (#100005); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); 1/2" Circle Small Punch (#119869); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (#109054); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

8 comments:

Yolanda said...

That is amazing!! By far my favorite Christmas Card I've seen this year. I'm gonna have to track down that tutorial. I LOVE it. TFS. Have a great day!

Ann Schach said...

Patti...this is absolutely sooo cool! But is looks scary hard! However, you have convinced me to give it a try. I still have a few cards that I need to make and get mailed!

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow this is beautiful and nice work on the tree. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Just love your card Patti and your instructions are awesome! great DSP and color matchup. Thanks for sharing I think I might try this technique out myself!

Crystal said...

Totally love that! I know which post (Pink) you're talking about - it's the same one that inspired me to create a tree such as this, too. I haven't yet for lack of extra time, but you've got me excited to try! :)

Maree said...

I'm going to have to give this a go! It looks so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Dale Morin said...

Love your card. Wish I had of seen these earlier to make myself. I will just have to save it for next year. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is beautiful Patti!!! Great job!