Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ornament Wonderland

This is another card from my recent stamp-a-stack.

I started with a Whisper White card stock base.  A piece of Brushed Gold card stock was added to the front.  I embossed Whisper White card stock with the Big Shot and the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder.  With a sponge dauber, I lightly brushed Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint across the raised petals giving it a little shine.  On a piece of gold card stock I stamped two of the ornaments from the Delightful Decorations stamp set with VersaMark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.   They were punched out with the Ornament punch.  A bow was tied on the gold elastic cord and added to the ornaments to make it look like they were hanging from the top of the embossed layer.  A Stampin' Dimensional was added to the back of each to adhere them to the embossed layer.  The whole layer was then attached to the card front.  The sentiment from Bright Christmas stamp set was also heat embossed on gold card stock with white embossing powder.  I trimmed along the sentiment following the curves to make it look like a banner and popped it up with dimensionals.  Basic Pearls were added to the banner and the ornaments.  Four down and one to go.  Hope you like the card.  Stop back to see the last card.  It was a favorite of the ladies.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Delightful Decorations (#116517); Bright Christmas (w-#121678/c-#121318)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Paper Confections:  Whisper White (#100730); Brushed Gold (#102938)
Terrific Tools:  Champagned Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Ornament Extra-Large Punch (#119847); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439)
Finish It Up:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Gold Elastic Cord (retired)
blog signature

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! So elegant and classy!

angelswhostamp said...

I also like using the punches and after all that holiday red and green I like the look of white and gold you used. Very nice card!

Shari Winterstein said...

ooo - so elegant! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Yolanda said...

That is a lovely card! I too like the white and gold. Very well done!

Davina said...

My first comment apparently didn't publish! Anyway, I love the effect of the shimmer paint across the blossoms on this card. Never thought to try that. I'm following from SC.

Davina
teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com