Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Three Challenge Thank You

I created this card with two challenges in mind - Create With Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge #130 and Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo #43.  At the last minute I decided to add some bling and realized the Hand Stamped Sentiments #48 Bring on the Bling challenge also fit the bill.

I used Pear Pizzazz card stock for the base of the
card.  I stamped the image from Elements of Style stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock using the baby wipe technique.  Drops of Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red and Night of Navy ink refills were randomly put on a baby wipe.  You use the baby wipe like a stamp pad and pick up the inks with the image stamp and stamp it on the card stock.  You end up with a unique multi-color image.  I distressed the edges of the Very Vanilla with the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit and matted it with Rose Red card stock.  Before adding it to the layer of Night of Navy card stock, which was also distressed on all four sides, I used one of the small round cases that holds brads and marked a curved area on the Night of Navy card stock with the paper piercing tool.  I then added the image layer to the navy card stock.  The Night of Navy striped grosgrain ribbon was gathered on one side with an Antique brad and added to the navy layer.  The whole layer was adhered to the card front.  I then added the rhinestones where I had marked the curve with the piercing tool.  This is a thank you card for a Christmas gift from someone I didn't see during the holiday but wanted to let them know I appreciate their kindness.  I need to make another thank you and will post it when I get it done.  I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the new year.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Elements of Style (w-#118611/c-#120045)
Irresistible Ink:  Pear Pizzazz Ink Refill (#119674); Rose Red Ink Refill (#102109); Night of Navy Ink Refill (#103033)
Paper Confections:  Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Rose Red (#102544); Night of Navy (#100867); Very Vanilla (#101650)
Terrific Tools:  Cutter Kit (#106958); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631)
Finish It Up:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Antique Brads (#117273); Night of Navy 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

blog signature

24 comments:

Lori Burkitt said...

I really like how the baby wipe technique turned out on your card! Beautiful!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome card and works great for the challenges! Very pretty!

~Erica~ said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

Lisa said...

WOW! That is really pretty! I need to try this with that stamp! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

VERY pretty card! This combo looks great with the 3 challenges together. Thanks for playing along with us at PPC this week :-)
~Paula a PPC Creator

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I forget to use the baby wipe technique. It works fabulous for this card. TFS and for reminding me of that technique.

Tamie said...

Wow, that stamp set looks awesome with these colors. The bling is perfect goes perfect with your sketch and challenges. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring card with us at PPC this week! Have a wonderful day :)

Tamie - PPC DT

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love how this turned out! I will have to try this technique...except I will have to use "puppy wipes". Beautiful card!

Patty Mickle said...

Your card is beautiful!!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a gorgeous card and I am very impressed with the bling. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful! Love the Baby Wipe technique with that stamp! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my...this is just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Crystal said...

Soo pretty - LOVE the multi-colored flowers!! tfs

stampingminnie said...

This is really a pretty card and I love this stamp set. I love your color combo. Thank you for participating in our HSS challenge. Keep on participating. Happy New Year!

Shabby Horse said...

This turned out just gorgeous!

T2 said...

Wow! Love your blog and especially this card. The explanation of how you created this work of art is perfect. I haven't tried the baby wipe technique yet, but you have inspired me. Thanks for following me, I'm following you now and will be back for sure!

Erin Gonzales said...

Simply put, your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at HSS- I loved seeing your project!

...Darlene said...

Patti,
Not sure how I missed you as I have been trying to add all the blogs on SC. I am looking forward to checking out your creations.

stampinbygenny said...

I love the different colors you used on the floral image. Beautiful! The clear rhinestones are the perfect accent. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Sandy said...

Wow the stamped image turned out GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at PPC and hope to see you next week!

Jen Timko said...

The baby wipe technique is great with this stamp! Wonderful card!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Cute card. thank you for following me on lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com now following you

Hugs
Shirley pumpkin #312

Brandy said...

Hi Patti,
Beautiful Cards and Great Website! I'm follower!!! Stay in touch and Happy New Year!

Brandy

helloholley said...

I haven't try the baby wipe technique....but you definately make me want to with this beautiful card!;)