Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birthday Bird

I needed to come up with a card for my brother-in-law's birthday.  After seeing the Pals Paper Arts Challenge 77, I decided I would use that for my sketch.  After I created my card I found three other challenges that fit the card:  Stampin' Royalty #55 (Anything with Wings), 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge 21 (A recipe) and Friday Mashup Challenge 28 (Birds).

The card base is Chocolate Chip card stock.  I matted a square piece of Woodland Walk DSP on Chocolate Chip and adhered it a layer of the wood grain look paper from Woodland Walk.  A piece of Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon was attached over that and the whole layer was adhered to the card front.  I matted another piece of the dsp to Chocolate Chip, added Pumpkin Pie brads and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  I punched out two circles, one each of Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie and layered them.  The bird's body was punched out of Crumb Cake card stock and the wings from Woodland Walk dsp using the Two Step Bird punch.  I sponged around the edges of the body and wings with Chocolate Chip ink.  The branches were also punched with the bird punch using Wild Wasabi cardstock.  The bird and branches were added to the circles and popped up with dimensionals on to the card front.  I love using sketches and challenges for inspiration but I don't think I've ever made a card that covered this many at one time.  Have a great weekend.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (#100908)
Cardstock/DSP:  Chocolate Chip (#102128); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Crumb Cake (#120953); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Woodland Walk DSP (#117389)
Tools:  Two-Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191); 1-3/8" Circle Large Punch (#119860); 1-3/4" Circle Extra Large Punch (#119850); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Pumpkin Pie 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (#115616); Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


blog signature

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Super cute, Patti! I love the color combination and what you did with it. The ribbon looks fabulous!

Tamie said...

OMGOSH Patti, I just love, love the use of the pattern paper, the ribbon and the brads. The bird just adds the WOW to your card. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Always Playing with Paper said...

Super cute Patti! Aren't challenges wonderful for getting inspired! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup Challenge this week!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Terry Blais said...

I think your brother-in-law will love this card and the fact you took the time to make it! I like it!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Friday Mashup!.

Sandra Farrell said...

Great card. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Lori said...

Beautiful card! I like your patterned papers you used for this and the bird is that extra WOW factor you put on it! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks.

Holly said...

The colors you used with the bird punch go together so well.. I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Mashup!