Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Baby Steps

No, I don't have a grandchild taking their first steps.  It's my first card using the Baby Steps stamp set.  I based my card on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #134 and the Inkspirations Color Challenge #54.


I chose Very Vanilla as the card base.  A piece of the Springtime Vintage designer series paper was matted onboth sides with layers of Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, and Early Espresso card stock that was punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch.  I adhered this whole layer to the card front.  The image from the Baby Steps stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and matted with Blushing Bride and Early Espresso card stock.  The corners were rounded with the corner punch and each of the layers.  I also stamped the image on a scrap piece of Blushing Bride and cut out the ears with paper snips.  I popped those up with dimensionals on to the stamped image.  I made a loop with a piece of Blushing Bride ribbon and attached it to the back of the image.  I snipped off the prongs of a Pear Pizzazz glimmer brad and attached it using a mini glue dot.  The image layer was attached using dimensionals.  This is such an adorable stamp that has so many possibilities.  Can't wait to use it again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Baby Steps (#117092)
Ink:  Early Espresso (#119670)
Card Stock/Paper:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Blushing Bride (#119796); Early Espresso (#119686); Springtime Vintage DSP (#121782)
Tools:  Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Blushing Bride 1/2" Stitched-Poly ribbon (#119267); Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
blog signature

15 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...this is a DARLING card, Patti! Love it, especially with the Early Espresso elephants!

Deb said...

This is such a cute card! I love the colors you used and you did a super job with the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create withConnie and Mary!

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch and this week's colours. The elephant image is adorable with the paper pieced ears :) Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word this is CUTE! Love the multiple colored scallops! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Dale Morin said...

How cute is that! I just may have to get that set. Love the card. The buliple scallops really adds a lot.

Debbie Henderson said...

Love your scallops and the rounded corners, and the ears...wonderful job! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Lisa said...

Cute baby card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Cute, Patti! I love the paper pieced ears and the colors you selected!

Shari Winterstein said...

a-dor-a-ble!!!! I love those little elephants and I really like the sketch. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Lee-Anne said...

What a cute card. I love those elephants, they are just gorgeous. Love the scallops on the backgroudn piece of paper too. Thanks for playing along with the Inkspirations challenge this week.

Stampin with Jan said...

Hi Patti. CUTE card! I love the color combo. TFS I am now a follower of yours. From SC

Yolanda said...

Patti that is a really, really cute card. I love it when I don't think much about the stamp set or a color and then I see a card like this and I have to have it. TFS!!

H2 :) said...

Great design Patti. Those offset scallop borders look fantastic & I love how you have echoed the layers in the tags. :)

helloholley said...

oh-so-cute!

Crystal said...

Oh Patti. This is sooooooo cute! I want to get this stamp set just so I can CASE this wonderful card! :) tfs