Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy "Blossom" Birthday

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Still really cold here in the Northeast but each day gets us closer to Spring.  Plus the Steelers won so they get to play at least one more week.

The card I have for you today is one of the Stamp-A-Stack cards.  I used Daffodil Delight as the card base.  A layer of Whisper White was added.  Using the Big Shot, I embossed a piece of Daffodil Delight with the Framed Tulip embossing folder, stamped it with a sentiment from the Curly Cute stamp set using Concord Crush ink and adhered it to the white mat.  I stamped the petal from the Build a Blossom stamp set with Concord Crush ink on to Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the Blossom Petals punch.  The punch was also used to punch out petals from Concord Crush card stock.  Before "building" my blossom, I punched out a 1" circle to use as a base for the petals.  I gently curled the ends of the petals and then added them to the 1" circle.  I punched out the stamped petals, curled the end slightly more than the first ones and layered them on to the Concord Crush base.  The center of the blossom was made using another stamp from the Build a Blossom set.  It was stamped using Daffodil Delight ink on Whisper White card stock.  I then added VersaMark, heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice, punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch and adhered it to the center using a dimensional.  The leaves from the same stamp set were stamped on Pear Pizzazz card stock with Pear Pizzazz ink, punched out with the blossom punch and adhered beneath the petals.  This stamp set and punch are a great complement to each other and it certainly beats cutting the petals out by hand.  Enjoy the rest of the day -- get some ink on your fingers.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Build a Blossom (w-#121923/c-#121994); Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510)
Irresistible Ink:  Concord Crush (#119785); Daffodil Delight (#119667); VersaMark (#102283); Pear Pizzazz (#119784)
Paper Confections:  Daffodil  Delight (#119683); Whisper White (#100730); Concord Crush (#119792); Pear Pizzazz (#119795)
Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Blossom Petals Extra Large Punch (#121808); Framed Tulip Embossing Folder (#121809); 1/2" Circle Small Punch (#119869); 1" Circle Medium Punch (#119868)
Finish It Up:  Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (#101930); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 

blog signature

12 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Stunning! By the way, those are my high school colors - purple and gold! We were called the Purgolders! ;))) Thanks for blessing my day with your work of heart and your comment on my blog. :)

Debbie Martin said...

Love this color combo! Great job.
Debbie
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Dale Morin said...

What a happy looking card! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful card Patti. Love the colors and the flower is so perfect! TFS.

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! So bold and beautiful! The colors are gorgeous!

Patty Mickle said...

I love your card, Patty. The colors are so striking together and you did a really good job on the flower. TFS

helloholley said...

wow this is beautiful!!! Love this color combo....now I will have to buy this set and punch,LOL!!! ;)

Crystal said...

What a pretty flower - I love it in that color! The more I see this, the more it grows on me! :) tfs

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful and I just got this set!!!

KJ said...

I just won this stamp set and punch at leadership for prize patrol and I LOVE this card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Rose Castillo said...

Love the colors. Its so pretty and vibrant!

Debbie said...

Patti,

Your care is beautiful! I just got the punch and stamp set a couple of days ago. Now it needs to be broken in.
I'm #188 on the list at Stampin'connection. I think I've been following you for a while. At least I hope so.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Debbie