Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

I realize it's been a long time since I last posted.  I guess I got too relaxed over the holiday and could not get back in the groove.  It's a good thing I needed another thank you card or I might still be goofing off.  I ended up doing a very clean and simple card based on two challenges:  Picture Perfect Creations Color Challenge #44 and Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #184.

My card base is Tempting Turquoise card stock.  I dry embossed two pieces of Always Artichoke card stock using the Big Shot and the small and large dots from the Texturz Plates.  They were attached to a piece of Tangerine Tango card stock which was adhered to the card front.  Using the Scallop Trim punch, I punched along one edge of a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock.  A strip of Chocolate Chip was attached and this was also added to the card front.  The tree from Forest Friends stamp set was colored with Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke markers and stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I added some grass around the tree trunk with the Always Artichoke marker.  The thank you sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped in Tangerine Tango ink.  The image was matted with Tangerine Tango card stock after I rounded the corners on both.  The leaf from Lovely As A Tree stamp set was stamped twice on Very Vanilla using Tangerine Tango and Always Artichoke ink, punched out with the small oval punch and sponged around the edge with Tempting Turquoise ink.  I added a Tempting Turquoise brad and attached it to the image layer.  I popped up the whole image with dimensionals.  Maybe this will get my creative mojo going again.  I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the new year.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Stamps:  Forest Friends (#113748); Lovely As a Tree (#115026); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango (#111834); Always Artichoke (#105219); Tempting Turquoise (#100814); Chocolate Chip Marker (#100071); Always Artichoke Marker (#105113)
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise (#102067); Tangering Tango (#111349); Always Artichoke (#105119); Chocolate Chip (#102128); Very Vanilla (#101650)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); 3/4"x15/16" Oval Medium Punch (#120908); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (#114512); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Brights Brads (#119740)
blog signature 

19 comments:

Renee said...

great card. love the sketch. Hugz n blessings.

Connie said...

Really nice CAS card! Great job with the sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Love the texture, Patti! A very pretty card!

Melissa Hedine-Tootle said...

Cute card, I love the colors! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I am #310 on SC.

Kerin said...

I think we all had a goof off period for the holidays, glad you're back to stamping!! Love the color combo and the little leaf accent!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This really is a cool color combo. Love what you did with the sketch.

Jessica said...

Very nice. I really like the little circle with brad.

Selene Kempton said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty card. I love the textures too!

Ann Schach said...

Happy New Year, Patti!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card. I like the color challenge as well. Thanks for blessing my day - as usual!!!! :)))))))

Penny Hanuszak said...

I'm out of the groove too Patti. Know the feeling. You did a great job on this Mojo sketch. Love the colors.

Dale Morin said...

Love those colors. Great card. TFS

MuseMyWorld said...

Great card!! I love what you did with the layout!

Patti Chesky said...

Love those colors together!!!

tmcc4 said...

Love the color combo..very pretty card and I just discovered this sketch challenge site..I can't wait to play too :) I am now a follower from SC #319 ...
Mandy

Christina Dowty said...

Very nice! Following you from SC #324.

Tamie said...

Patti you rocked both challenges! You CAS card just rocks. Love the image, punch and the way you used our colors this week at PPC. Thanks for sharing this cute creation with us.

Tamie - PPC Creator

Sandy said...

Great card! The image is just perfect with the colors! Hope to see you again next week at PPC!