Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hearts-A-Plenty

Today I'm featuring a valentine card that we will be making at my stamp-a-stack.  It uses a lot of punches.  After creating this card, I found two different challenges that fill the bill for my card:  Paper Players #29 Theme Challenge and Hand Stamped Sentiments Punch Theme Challenge #50.

I have wanted to do a black, white and red theme card for a while so I thought this valentine card would be a great opportunity to work with the colors.  I made the card base Whisper White.  I added a layer of Basic Black card stock that I spritzed with
White Shimmer
Paint that was mixed with alcohol (helps dry quickly) and ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  It doesn't show well in the photo but the shimmer paint adds just a little bit of sparkle.   The Basic Black scallop circle was punched with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, matted with a Whisper White circle punched with the 2-1/2" Circle punch and adhered to the card front.  The small white envelope was made with the Petal Card punch by folding in three of the four sides and sealing.  I tied a knot around it using the Real Red taffeta ribbon and popped it up with dimensionals on the circle piece.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped in Real Red ink on Whisper WhiteModern Label punch and matted with Basic Black and Real Red card stock punched out with the same punch.  I added it to the card front with dimensionals.  I used the 3 Heart Punch to punch out a set of hearts from the Red Glimmer paper, Real Red card stock and Whisper White card stock that was stamped with the 3 heart stamp from the Love You Much stamp set.  The rest of the hearts were punched out of Real Red card stock using the small heart punch.  I randomly placed them on the card front adhering only the bottom part of each heart so that I could slip another heart behind it if I wanted to.  A few of the tiny pearls were added to random hearts.  Although there isn't much stamping, I built up some strength in my hands using all the punches.  I hope you like my card today.  


Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Love you Much (#113756); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Real Red (#103133)
Paper Confections:  Whisper White (#100730); Real Red (#102482); Basic Black (#121045); Red Glimmer Paper (#121790)
Terrific Tools:  Petal Card Extra Large Punch (#119273); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch (#118874); 2-1/2" Circle Extra Large Punch (#120906); Modern Label Extra Large Punch (#119849); Heart to Heart Extra Large Punch (#119881); Heart Small Punch (#117193); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439)
Finish It Up:  Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

blog signature

18 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! This is stunning! The layout, the colors...everything is perfect.

Stephanie Uzee said...

This is too cute! I love all the punches, and the colors are terrific togehter! When is your stamp a stack. I would love to meet and stamp with you!!!

Carla Bazhenow said...

Oh Patti, your card is stunning!!! I love the black and red and all those charming hearts. I absolutely love it. Hugs,

helloholley said...

Oohhh! This is so pretty....and I know what you mean about those punches....next day my hands hurt!!! ;)

Debbi said...

I love anything coming out of an envelope! This is adorable and I am sure it will go over very very well!

jaydee said...

Patti, love all the little hearts coming out of the envelope. I also love all the texture that you created. Gorgeous.
So pleased you joined the Paper Players for our Valentine theme this week
Jaydee

stampingminnie said...

Way too cute! I love the colors you chose and how you arranged the focal point of your card -- I LOVE IT!!
Thank you so much for participating in our HSS challenge. Please continue to participate. I love this card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Patti, this is so cute! Love the black, red and white color scheme and as the others have commented, the hearts coming out of the envelope looks great! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Paper Players!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a fabulous card that I may have to CASE it for my class on the 29th. Trying to find something that doesn't include the Valentine Bundle as it won't be available. This surely fits the bill! :))))) Thanks for inspiring me and blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

What a terrific card! I really love it. Thanks for sharing.

Nance said...

LOVE this Patti! The hearts flying out of the envelope are adorable and the color scheme is so elegant! So glad you play with us!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Patti. Love the colors and that little envie is just too cute!

LeAnne said...

Woohoo, Patti! Your card was a Paper Players pick this week!!! Congrats!

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on your Paper Player pick this week! I loved your card!

musemyworld said...

Very cute card! I love all the hearts and the colors!!

Crystal said...

Wow, Patti, this is FABULOUS!! WOW!!! I seriously...wow. Might have to think about CASEing you! :) tfs

stampinbygenny said...

Love all the hearts exploding from the envelope. Beautiful color combination. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is so cute!!!! I may have to case this one! lol