Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

I wanted to take on the Paper Players Sketch Challenge #31 because the sketch appealed to me.  As I was working on the card, I did a lot of embossing and that fit in with the My Time to Craft Challenge 123 - Emboss, Emboss, Emboss so I'm also using this card for their challenge.  
 


I chose Wild Wasabi for the card base.  The So Saffron layer was run through the Big Shot using the large dots from the Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates and adhered to the card front.  I then used the small dots from the other side of the same plate and embossed a strip of So Saffron card stock, sponged the edges with Perfect Plum ink and matted it with a strip of Wild Wasabi.  In order to get a good impression, I lightly spritzed each piece before running it through the Big Shot.  I picked up this little tip from Ann Schach (check out her beautiful work here).  Again using the Big Shot and the Flower Daisies die, I cut out two of the medium size flowers (after cutting the smaller flower and finding it was too small for my liking).  I overlapped them, attached them together and sponged the ends of the petals to add some depth.  You can't see it in the photo but I gently curled the ends under for dimension.  With the "stencil" that was left over from the small flower I had cut out, I used it to sponge some images on So Saffron card stock.  The circles from the centers of the flowers that were die cut were also attached to this piece of card stock.  I then ran this through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder.  A Wild Wasabi glimmer brad was added and the image layer was matted with Wild Wasabil card stock.  To the back of this layer I attached the flower so it partially showed.  I cut off part of the unseen flower to remove some bulk.  This whole layer was then attached to the card front with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the All Holidays stamp set was stamped with Perfect Plum craft ink on Whisper White, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and punched out with the 3/4" circle punch.  This was matted with So Saffron and Wild Wasabi circles and popped up with dimensionals.  Lots of embossing and a card that can be used for a variety of occasions.  Have a terrific weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  All Holidays (#114916)
Inks:  Perfect Plum (#101437); Subtles Craft Stampin' Spots (#119716)
Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi (#108641); So Saffron (#105118); Perfect Plum (#101889); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (#114512); 3/4" Circle Medium Punch (#119861); 1" Circle Medium Punch (#119868); 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch (#119861); Flower, Daisies #2 Bigz Die (#114520); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Glimmer Subtles Brads (#121004); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)
blog signature

5 comments:

Tiya-B said...

i like the colors and love how you were able to use so many embossed layers... great card.

Julie Gearinger said...

This is a great card, Patti! Love the embossing, the daisy die for the round spiky element and the sponging adds the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Dale Morin said...

What a beautiful card! Love those colors together.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love, love, love the texture! The glimmer brad was the perfect touch! And thank you so much for the shout out! Woo hoo!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card. I used the impressing technique with the Square Lattice EF and my ladies LOVED IT! I think I was inspired by you. Thanks for blessing my day. :)