Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wish Big Birthday

My card today is a belated birthday card for my niece's husband.  Since they live in Pittsburgh and he's a big Steelers fan, I thought I would use the Steelers' colors.  The sketch was based on Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #53.


The card base is  retired crushed curry card stock.  The Basic Black mat was embossed using the Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I added a strip of retired welcome neighbor designer series paper that I had distressed around the edges with the distressing tool from the Mat Pack.  A piece of designer paper from the Neutrals dsp pack was distressed around the edges and layered on next.  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was heat embossed with the Heat Tool using VersaMark, the retired Crushed Curry ink pad and clear embossing powder on Whisper White card stock.  After distressing the edges, I dragged it along the ink pad to pick up some of the color and popped it up with dimensionals.  A strip of retired crushed curry ribbon was added to the Basic Black layer.  Four black brads from the Neutrals brads were added along the ribbon.  The whole layer was adhered to the card front.  I think I accomplished my mission of creating a "guy" card.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Crushed Curry (retired)
Card Stock/Paper:  Basic Black (#121045); Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack (#117157); Crushed Curry (retired); Welcome Neighbor DSP (retired)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Mat Pack (#105826)
Finish It Up:  Neutrals Brads (#119736); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Crushed Curry 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon (retired) 
blog signature

12 comments:

Marisa said...

This is perfect for a Steelers fan!!! Love it :) Great distressing and I love the brads on the ribbon. Fabulous use of this week's sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE this Patti! The texture is wonderful, while the ribbon and brads are the perfect touches! A great "guy" card!

Lisa Flynn said...

I'm always looking for "guy" cards. I love the layout and the colors. Great job! I'll be casing this for sure - LOL
~ Lisa Flynn ~

H2 :) said...

Great "guy" card Patti - the colours are striking! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love this card!! I love the colors too.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti, great color combo and I love the sketch from Ink Inspirations. Go Steelers Go! Love this.

Annie said...

*Squeal* You have the most awesome and adorable owl on your blog!!!! Visiting from SC. :)

Dale Morin said...

Great guy card. I am always trying to come up with them. TFS

A Work of Heart said...

Following you now from Stampin' Connection. I'm #117, hope you can follow me too!

http://Stampinwithk.blogspot.com

Karla c(:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card! Love the texture and the distressing on the edges. Thanks for blessing my day. :) By the way - the pictures above this entry are gorgeous. Pretty soon you will have sunshine and spring will be here. :)

Patty Mickle said...

I love your card. The colors look great together.

Crystal said...

What a great masculine card, Patti - great colors and texture! Thanks for sharing! :)