Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bright Butterflies

I had a stamp class this past week and the friend who asked me to have it loves bright colors.  My inspiration came from Tammy Fite here.  When I see cards that inspire me in some way I save them to a word document "Ideas I Like" along with the website of the artist who designed them.  Then if I ever want to CASE something, I can give credit to them here on my blog.  To avoid a huge file, I will go through it every couple of months and purge some items.  Enough chit chat; here's the how to on my take of Tammy's card.

No stamping or sentiment on this card.  She asked that the cards be blank so they could be used for various occasions.  The only card with a sentiment that she wanted to do was this one from a previous stamp camp.  The card base is Whisper White.  I attached a piece of Old Olive ribbon to a strip of Tangerine Tango and matted that with a strip of Tempting Turquoise.  This was adhered to the front of the card.  I punched out three black circles and attached them with dimensionals to the strip with the ribbon.  The butterflies were punched out of Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise card stock with the Butterfly Punch, run through the Big Shot with the Finial Press embossing folder, and attached them to the black circles with glue dots.  Rhinestones were added to the center of the butterflies for a little bling.  A simple card for a stamp class that has new stampers in it.  We did two other cards; the one I showed you here and the other I'll post soon.  Have a great Saturday.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Card Stock Confections:  Whisper White (#100730); Tangerine Tango (#111349); Tempting Turquoise (#102067); Old Olive (#100702); Basic Black (#121045)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); Butterfly Extra Large Punch (#119848); 1-3/8" Circle Larger Punch (#119860)
Finish It Up:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119256); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

blog signature

13 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Patti, I love the simplicity of this card! Not only is it elegant, but it is cute, too!

Shari Winterstein said...

What a striking card. The simplicity of it is wonderful. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love your butterflies. Great idea to emboss them. I love cards like these. Thanks for sharing.

Yolanda said...

I really like this card. I've had that butterfly punch for ages and have never used it. Thanks for such a simple, yet beautiful card. TFS! yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Julie Gearinger said...

This is a great CAS card! Love the embossing along with the striking color combo- TFS!

Patty Mickle said...

Very cute card! Thanks for sharing.

YourFellowStamper said...

Such a pretty card! Love it!

Tammy Fite said...

HI!! I'm so glad you liked my card!! And, I love your blog!!! Great ideas!!!

helloholley said...

Super Cute Patti.....I love your ideas about saving the info and pics....I really need to be more organized that way ;)

Belinda Keller said...

love this! Love butterflies, love everything about it! Following you from SC, thanks for stoppin by my blog earlier

Belinda
Studio B

Rose Castillo said...

So cute. I love the colors and the clean and simple layout. You have inspired me today, thank you!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love this card Patti. The colors are vibrant and I love having the buttefly mounted on the circle. Very creative. TFS

Anne Marie said...

Clean, simple and perfect!! I love the color mix strip with the ribbon behind the butterflies. So pretty! :)